dnx

Bad performance on velop node which have wired connection

Hi, 

I just bought the 3 nodes pack Velop and a i have to admin that on the gorund floor, i have blazing fast wifi performance but upstair, i use the third node which have an ethernet that comes from the ground floor and when i do the speed test, i only have 90 mbps from a 200 mbps capable internet connection.

The Ethernet cable is ok, when plugged from my laptop it has full bandwidth.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Bad performance on velop node which have wired connection

dnx wrote:

Hi, 

I just bought the 3 nodes pack Velop and a i have to admin that on the gorund floor, i have blazing fast wifi performance but upstair, i use the third node which have an ethernet that comes from the ground floor and when i do the speed test, i only have 90 mbps from a 200 mbps capable internet connection.

The Ethernet cable is ok, when plugged from my laptop it has full bandwidth.

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

First, please make sure to check if the latest firmware version is installed on all the nodes and also the latest version of the Linksys app.

For speed issue, you may refer to the best practice below:

Run speed test using 3 different options:
1.    Use the speed test option in the LSWF app
2.    Use the app Speedtest by Ookla
3.    Run speed test via browser

Check speed result:

A.    Wirelessly connected with child/children nodes
B.    Wirelessly connected to the parent node
C.    Wired connected to parent node

If test result proves that the issue only happens on ‘A’ or ‘B’,

• Check the leds (it should be solid blue). Power cycle the nodes.
  • Run channel finder and test the result again.
  • Reset and re-add the nodes as children (use channel finder to locate the best spot for the children devices).

If test result proves that the issue only happens on ‘C’

• Check the main internet source if it has the same result.
  • If the internet source is okay, reset and reconfigure the parent node.
  • If the parent node has the same result, replace the parent node with one of the child node and test again.

Hope this helps

[ Edited ]

I'm tired of this canned reply.  For $450, this product should work out of the box.

I have speedtested and switched and reset these nodes to death, and no matter what I do, through a wired connection on every node I try, I pull 90/32 on www.speedtest.net (wired connection through any node), whereas I test 350+/32 directly through the modem (or through my ASUS AC3100).

I have the latest firmware (your iPhone app made sure of that), and now I'm tired of troubleshooting.  This product underperforms, and I really wanted this thing to work.

EDIT: I have the three node pack.  No issues at all during setup, and have never seen speeds higher than 90mbps on a speedtest.

[ Edited ]

This certainly does feel like a canned response, considering this is exactly what Linksys had be perform before they would authorize a replacement set of 3 nodes. Unfortunately, the "Ethernet" backhaul issue didn't correct itself when I received the new nodes. Now I have the latest firmware and the issues is not fixed.  Doing all those steps Richard described will not fix this issue.  Going back to the version of FW before the June 2017 update is my desire because it was working just fine before that update.

Fix this issue Linksys.  Your software does not allow "Ethernet backhaul" connectivity for a lot of individuals.

So I read a users post regarding downgrading to the .180735 FW version and it didnt' fix anything.  That's the firmware I wanted to downgrade to but given the users response I decided to downgrade to .179155 FW version.  So far all nodes are connected vis "Ethernet Backhaul".  I'll do more testing when I go upstairs in the master bedroom where my third node sits; this is the node that's been giving me all the trouble as i'm either attached to it or the main node.  

Funny... I don't have any issues on the main node regardless of "Ethernet backhaul" connection or "Wifi backhaul" connection, just the second and third nodes.

I'll keep you all posted on the .179155 FW downgrade.  

Yos

@Lynchmob

Did you ever resolve your issue?