Cable company wireless router/modem is faster

I was at my mother in law's house today and she has Charter/spectrum 100mbps. I was able to get 95mbps connected to her crappy Motorola modem/wofo router from the provider.

I have a $500 velop system and I have 1gbps fiber and I consistently only get 17mbps!

This is unacceptable! What is the deal here?

I am on the latest non-disaster firmware.

I will do a factory reset tomorrow to take one more shot and then I will be demanding that BELKIN takes this stuff back. I spoke with you at CES last year before I bought this thing and I was so excited. It has turned out to be a disaster!

The worst part...no plan for how they are going to resolve. I still can't believe that we haven't seen more from them. The last 2 firmware uploads have been a disaster. Who are the managers running this company? I manage a top 3 medical device service business and we would never respond like this.

Re: Cable company wireless router/modem is faster

Hi, rgtwng.
Allow us to rectify the situation by escalating your case to our 2nd Level Support Team. Please email us the following details at LinksysCares@linksys.com

Firmware version of the Velop:

Phone Number:
Location (state/country):
Community Username:
Link to this Community thread:

Pamela - 21733
Linksys Technical Support

Re: Cable company wireless router/modem is faster

I have this same issue. I’ve dealt with the 2nd level support team and nothing changed.