Configure Synology VPN server behind Velop

Hi,

I've got a Synology with VPN server installed. Over de LAN I can connect from my laptop to the VPN of the Synology. It's configured with IPSec/PSK. 

On the Velop I've got all VPN pass throughs Enabled + I forwarded 1701,500 and 4500 UDP using Single Port Forward.

Unfortunately I'm not able to access the VPN over the WAN. 

Any suggestions? Anyone succes with this setup?

(Btw, which such amount of compute power withing the Velop, shouldn't VPN just be an embedded feature?)

Expert

Re: Configure Synology VPN server behind Velop

gabrielvdk wrote:

Hi,

I've got a Synology with VPN server installed. Over de LAN I can connect from my laptop to the VPN of the Synology. It's configured with IPSec/PSK. 

On the Velop I've got all VPN pass throughs Enabled + I forwarded 1701,500 and 4500 UDP using Single Port Forward.

(Btw, which such amount of compute power withing the Velop, shouldn't VPN just be an embedded feature?)

Has this worked for you before at this location?

Do you get a Public IP Address on the Velop WAN?

Do you mean L2TP\IPSec VPN?

For L2TP\IPSec to connect the Velop firewall would have to allow IP Protocol ESP which many router's do not.

I recommend instead using the OpenVPN VPN which is very secure and only requires a single UDP port 1194 forwarded to the NAS.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

gabrielvdk wrote:

Hi,

Set the Velop on Bridge Mode and see if VPN works. Smiley Happy

is that mean the velop donot support ESP?

But the IPhone only support the vpn :IKEv2、IPsec & L2TP