Crazy problem

I have DSL through a local telephone company.  I have a Visionnet M625 modem-router.  I was able to set up a 3 node Velop system using the Linksys app on my tablet.  It worked properly for about 24 hours and then the DSL modem reports that it has no internet connection.  I had the telephone company out and they replaced the modem.  The modem and phone company show good DSL signal to the modem. About 24hr later, the new modem reports no internet connection. If I remove the Velop and reboot the modem, I get my internet connection back.   

Expert

Re: Crazy problem

natgild wrote:

If I remove the Velop and reboot the modem, I get my internet connection back.   

What happens if you just reboot the Velop or the modem individually?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
Highlighted
Expert

natgild wrote:

I have DSL through a local telephone company.  I have a Visionnet M625 modem-router.  I was able to set up a 3 node Velop system using the Linksys app on my tablet.  It worked properly for about 24 hours and then the DSL modem reports that it has no internet connection.  I had the telephone company out and they replaced the modem.  The modem and phone company show good DSL signal to the modem. About 24hr later, the new modem reports no internet connection. If I remove the Velop and reboot the modem, I get my internet connection back.   

Hi--

What is your network configuration? For example:

DSL modem - > Velop (?) ->

and what version of Velop firmware are you running?

Z

Followup......

Initially, about 24 hours after setting up my 3 node Velop system,  my DSL modem-router(Visionnet M625)  lost internet connection.  I unplugged the Velop system and rebooted the DSL modem.  After rebooting multiple times, I was able to temporarily reestablish my internet connection without the Velop system. I could not maintain my internet connection through the DSL modem.  I contacted my ISP and they replaced my DSL modem-router.  It worked fine for a day so I reconnected my Velop system.  This worked fine for about 24 hours and then I lost internet connection again.  Now I can only  reestablish an internet connection temporarily with multiple reboots of the DSL modem. 

Can the Velop system make any changes to my DSL modem-router?

Is it possible for the Velop system to somehow damage the DSL modem-router ????

Expert

natgild wrote:

Can the Velop system make any changes to my DSL modem-router?

Is it possible for the Velop system to somehow damage the DSL modem-router ????

No to both.

Do you have DSL filters on all your phone outlets or is the DSL filtered at the dmarc.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your reply. Smiley Very Happy

My DSL line comes direct from the outside telephone box with separate connection from my telephones.  My ISP has checked the DSL line and says it has good signal when they check it.

Thanks for your inputs.  Today, my ISP changed out to a third new DSL modem.  The new one failed soon after the tech left my house.  Now it looks like the problem may be at telephone office or cabling.  The problem its ugly head just after I installed my Velop system. Grrrrr!!