DHCP not passed in Bridge Mode

I have a 3 node Velop network running in bridge mode connected to my router. No ethernet backhaul between nodes. They are all running 1.1.2.183316.

The router is serving DHCP. And clients that connect to the Velop network do not get DHCP responses. I also have a wired network and backup wireless network connected to the same router. Clients connected directly to the router have no problem getting DHCP configurations.

On the router, I have toggled STP, but it doesn't seem to be making a difference.

If I give clients on the Velop network a static IP, they can communicate fine. So it isn't a communication issue.

How do I get bridge mode to actually act as a bridge? I'm past the Amazon return period, so I'm stuck with the Velop.

Re: DHCP not passed in Bridge Mode

Out of curiosity - are the devices ending up with 169.254.x.x addresses?

Also , what subnet are you using for your DHCP range - 192.168.1.x or something else?

rburrows69 wrote:

Out of curiosity - are the devices ending up with 169.254.x.x addresses?

Yes, of course.

rburrows69 wrote:

Also , what subnet are you using for your DHCP range - 192.168.1.x or something else?

192.168.1.5 to 192.168.1.250

Might be the same issue but it was not solved on the other thread either.  I ahve the same problem so a resolution would be nice.

Expert

Is your network topology like this?

ISP Modem\Router => Velop Primary (Bridge Mode) => Switch, Devices, Velop Secondary nodes

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

That configuration doesn't solve the problem. I still can't get ipaddresses on my ipad, android phone, fire tablet or firetv stick

Bob.