Disappointed in Linksys

I don’t get it. Linksys released 184933 and it broke wired backhaul. But the wireless portion of the firmware was a massive improvement for me at least. So much so I am still running it at two different houses.

Why does it take so long for firmware updates? I am coming from a netgear R7000 that I bought when they first came out. There were firmware upgrades more than once a week.

Not enough engineers? Maybe DDWRT team will come in and fix Velop.

Re: Disappointed in Linksys

We can (and I have) participated in some pre-release betas - which gets you some early access to code albeit with the usual alpha\beta health warnings.
If you're interested maybe Chadster or one of the other linksys admins can hook you into the process.

Yeah I would gladly do that but that is not my point.

This is a premium product with a premium price tag.  It seems like they are working out the bugs still through various firmware releases.  Okay I get that but why does Linksys expect it to be okay with the users?

Premium product means premium expectations.  My expectations is that they are quicker with firmware updates to keep this product moving along.

Agreed. 1000%

Is it just me or does it seem like the more companies start outsourcing the more the quality of their products go down?

Sure does seem that way.

Maybe this is the new normal. But I do know this is enough to get me to try another product.

Fbm111,

I will argue that wired backhaul has been broken for some since the Feb/Apr FW releases.  No argument with wireless connectivity.

Lator

That is kind of my point. The issues do not appear to be hardware related as different firmware fixes or breaks certain items.

Therefore it is software related and as a problem gets fixed it should be put out to the masses. No excuse that I can think of to have these issues with a company the size of Linksys.
Expert

[ Edited ]

Lynchmob wrote:

Fbm111,

I will argue that wired backhaul has been broken for some since the Feb/Apr FW releases.  No argument with wireless connectivity.

Lator

Lator

Wired backhaul has worked reasonable well for me since with the 1.1.2.183316 release.

Z