Does the Velop support gigabit backhaul?

I've got Xfinity Gigabit service going into my home and a 3-node Velop system configured with the parent node functioning as a router. I also have a Linksys Gigabit Switch (8-port) as I have some devices (like my Philips Hue) that need a physical ethernet connection. Here's my current setup:

Netgar CM-1000 <-CAT6 cable-> Velop (Parent Node) <-CAT6 cable-> Linksys Gigabit Switch (8-port)

*The Velop child node are connected to the parent node over wireless.

I notice that using the Velop's built-in speed test, I average between 450 Mbps and 550 Mpbs download and between 30 Mpbs and 40Mpbs. I called Comcast to send a technician to see if there were issues with the signal coming into my home. He connected his testing equipment directly to my CM-1000 and verified that my bandwith coming out of the CM-1000 was definitely gigabit speeds (950 Mbps to 975 Mpbs). When his testing equipment was connected to my Linksys Gigabit Switch, he showed the same speeds I was getting.

Now that the Parent Node is configured, do I just need to re-configure my connections to look like this:

Netgar CM-1000 <-CAT6 cable->Linksys Gigabit Switch (8-port) <-CAT6 cable-> Velop (Parent Node)

*The Velop child nodes are unchanged (still connected to the Parent Node over wireless.

in order to make sure my entire network can take advantage of the Gigabit service.

Even though the specs say that the Velop nodes have two gigabit ethernet ports, do the Velop nodes in fact support gigabit backhaul?

Expert

Re: Does the Velop support gigabit backhaul?

jetvilla wrote:

Netgar CM-1000 <-CAT6 cable-> Velop (Parent Node) <-CAT6 cable-> Linksys Gigabit Switch (8-port)

*The Velop child node are connected to the parent node over wireless.

Your initial network topology is correct.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Does the Velop support gigabit backhaul?

jetvilla wrote:

I notice that using the Velop's built-in speed test

I recommend you not use the Velop built-in speedtest because it will modify your Media Prioritization setting. Instead set you MP setting to the maximum your ISP supplies and use www.speedtest.net for speed testing.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support