Fix for slow Internet reconnects?

I don't have the world's most reliable Internet connection. I'll see momentary outages to my Time Warner service a few times a day. My modem goes offline, then comes back online after some seconds or a minute. Life in the fast lane.

I have a 3 node Velop system. The setup was pretty easy and all the nodes are working fine, except for one thing. The primary router that's directly attached to my Internet modem will take forever to re-establish Internet connectivity after a brief service outage. An outage that should only last seconds now lasts longer than I'm willing to wait. Longer than 15 minutes, anyway. Rebooting the Velop router fixes it every time. Anyhow, the Linksys app is missing many useful features (and the UI stinks, Linksys). There is no way that I can see to capture log data or to understand why the Velop router hates the Internet. Anyone have a clue on whether the delay is a fixable thing? Going to go back to my Google WiFi setup if Linksys doesn't have control of this. 

Got the Velop system because it has a very strong radio. Better than Google's by far. Google, though it's missing some advanced setting controls, has a much better managment interface and the hardware works really well.

Gimme some good news, Linksys.

Highlighted

Re: Fix for slow Internet reconnects?

During the last 10 second outage I let the Velop system sit there to see how long it would take to reconnect all by itself. It was still not taking advantage of a working Internet connection after 4 hours. Restart the system, and all is good.

Ok. I'm answering my own question. This thread is an echo chamber.

I spoke with support today and they confirmed that the Velop system has a hard time reconnecting to the Internet after a service outage. Essentially, it's a big, fat bug. The support guy did mention that the issue has been escalated to their engineering group. A fix may make it into a future firmware release. The workaround is.... Ready? ... reboot your main Velop node (every time you have an ISP outage).

If you have security cameras and you expect them to work whenever you have a functional Internet service, Velop is not for you.

Returning mine.

fyton2v

Before you decide in doing so, allow us to rectify the situation by escalating your case to our 2nd level Support Team for further isolation. Please email us the following details at LinksysCares@linksys.com

Full Name:
Phone Number:
Location (state/country):
Community Username:
Link to this thread:

Pamela - 21733
Linksys Technical Support

Appreciate the follow-up! I don't need to escalte it as the Velop system, at least in the mode that I need to use, is a little broken. It may work fine in bridge-mode, but I need it to be a reliable Internet router. Your developers are probably working in this already. Once it's fixed, I'll check out the system again. I can't wait for that day though.

My issue is that this is occuring overnight (Must love Telstra's NBN...) and requires a long winded "rebooting" exercise EVERY morning. If it keeps happening - I have the box and the receipt - so no guessing what follows...

Let us have a better understanding with the challenges you're encountering, Frankly-Mac. So to clarify, do you also have a Linksys Velop system that is having connection problems? If so, tell us more specific details. Also, may we know what you're referring to 'rebooting every morning'?

Nestor_C 21974
Linksys Technical Support