Lun

How well does the Velop handle heat issues?

Hi All.  Question, please.  How well does the Velop mesh routers handle heat??  My kids play online games often and every router (linksys wrt3200acm, linksys ea6400, asus rt-ac68u, netgear r7000p) so far run medium-warm to almost hot.  I run a laptop cooler as a precaution to prevent heating issues.  I am wondering if my Velop mesh routers will get hot or not.

Highlighted

Re: How well does the Velop handle heat issues?

Hi, Lun. The Velop has an Operating Temp of 32° to 104° F (0 to 40° C). For more info, please follow this link on page 34 under Specification (Environmental).

Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support
Expert

Re: How well does the Velop handle heat issues?

Lun wrote:

Hi All.  Question, please.  How well does the Velop mesh routers handle heat??  My kids play online games often and every router (linksys wrt3200acm, linksys ea6400, asus rt-ac68u, netgear r7000p) so far run medium-warm to almost hot.  I run a laptop cooler as a precaution to prevent heating issues.  I am wondering if my Velop mesh routers will get hot or not.

Hi Lun--

I'm thinking that your asking if the Velop nodes run hot to the touch.. I think the answer is no.. I've never observed the case of the velop to be warm.

Z