I’ve lost my mind

I’m not a pro at this stuff , but I know basics. This velop system is GARBAGE. this whole mesh idea I think is not developed very well yet. I’ve had eero, google, now this. I can’t believe all three systems have lasted about a month, and now constantly disconnect. It’s enraging. On a conf call or webex, sure as hell it disconnects. Do any of these mesh “systems”stay stable more than a few weeks? They rock for about 3-4 weeks, and then disconnects every couple hours. <br><br>Now I cannot return this pile of $&* because I bought from Amazon. Frustrated beyond belief. The more I read this is common for all of these mesh systems.

Re: I’ve lost my mind

What I don't understand is the great disparity amongst users. I for one have had no issues with my 3 node system. Admittiedly iI haven't "messed" with it with the exception of seperating the 2.4 and 5 SSID's. While other users basically have pretty close to non-functional systems.

I wonder if anyone knows why.  My sense is that there are probably  more folks without issues - you know the squeeky wheel - hence what we read on the forum.

Are you running the Velop in wireless backhaul or wired backhaul?  I mean, is wireless the mode of communication between the nodes or did you connect ethernet through some type of switching to connect the nodes to one another?

My experience is wireless backhaul, with the most recent firmware update work very well for most everyone.  I on the other hand, have the three nodes connected via wired backhaul and the new firmware is just aweful.  I'm running a very old version of firmware so my wired backhaul will work correctly.

Lator

My set up is wireless throughout
Expert

eak2 wrote:
My set up is wireless throughout

Hi--

My system is wired throughout and it has worked pretty well over the past 5 months. Think it depends a lot on the firmware being used and the exact network configuration.

Z

Highlighted

Mrodbro wrote:
I’m not a pro at this stuff , but I know basics. This velop system is GARBAGE. this whole mesh idea I think is not developed very well yet. I’ve had eero, google, now this. I can’t believe all three systems have lasted about a month, and now constantly disconnect. It’s enraging. On a conf call or webex, sure as hell it disconnects. Do any of these mesh “systems”stay stable more than a few weeks? They rock for about 3-4 weeks, and then disconnects every couple hours. <br><br>Now I cannot return this pile of $&* because I bought from Amazon. Frustrated beyond belief. The more I read this is common for all of these mesh systems.

Return it if you still can!! Linksys could care less about fixing the problems associated with this!