LAN Connectivity Drops on Child Node

So I have the 3 node system and one of the child nodes seem to drop connectivity via LAN. My mother has parent node in her room to be wired in for her work. I have one of the child nodes in my room and I also am wired into some of my devices. However about once or twice a day, it loses connection via LAN for about 15-20 seconds and then reconnects. This is quite irritating since I use LAN for gaming. So I always get kicked offline mid game while playing. A thing I have noticed is that the WLAN still works but not the LAN. So my phone is still receiving internet connection via WiFi but the wired devices no longer have internet. Maybe it’s happens to the 2nd child node too? I’m not sure since it’s downstairs with nothing wired in, so so can’t confirm if it’s all the child nodes losing LAN connectivity. I have tried calibrating the nodes using the channel finder feature but the problem still remains.

Re: LAN Connectivity Drops on Child Node

Hello, HyImTim. Try to reset and reconfigure your Velop system and observe if the same issue occurs. If it still persists, let us know so we can have our Support Team assist you for advanced troubleshooting. 

Jo-Ann - 21744
Linksys Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I have been having the EXACT same issue. 3 Node system. Gaming PC connected via LAN to child node. Connection drops 15-20 seconds. I talked to the velop support on the phone and they recommended a few things.

1) Run channel finder
2) Make sure no other wifi network is present in the house (apprently this can cause interference and make the connection drop)
3) Try moving the other child node closer to the node that is having problems

4) Try swapping 2 nodes and resetting up the whole system

I tried running channel finder multiple times, swapping the nodes, and that never fixed it. I just recently contacted them again and tried 2) and 3). So far so good, but still waiting to see if I get more drops.

1. I have ran channel finder multiple times and no luck.
2.This is the only present WiFi network in the house.
3. My node, which is the one with the LAN connectivity issues, is on the opposite side of the wall of the parent node. The wall is plaster so it shouldn’t have trouble connecting to the parent node.
4. I’ll try out this option and update you with the results.
Expert

@HyImTimwrote:
1. I have ran channel finder multiple times and no luck.
2.This is the only present WiFi network in the house.
3. My node, which is the one with the LAN connectivity issues, is on the opposite side of the wall of the parent node. The wall is plaster so it shouldn’t have trouble connecting to the parent node.
4. I’ll try out this option and update you with the results.

Hi--

Can you list your exact configuration?

Z

@HyImTim

Got all that noted. If the issue still persists, we'll have our Escalation Engineers look into this case further. You may shoot us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can have them assist you. Include your name, phone number, location (country/state), and the link to this Community post.

Carl_S 21985
Linksys Technical Support

Alright will do I’ll update once I try it out

I’m not sure what you mean. If you mean the settings, it’s pretty much factory settings.

Updating to say my connection is still dropping. Just experienced an event. Light on the node stayed blue the whole time, but the connection was gone for a good 10 seconds before returning to perfect working order.

Forgot to update as well but I am also experiencing the same issues still sadly. Lose connection for about 10-20 seconds while the light remains blue.