Re: Multiple Problems With Velop System

do you have all 6 nodes set up?

one thing that i have found is that i have overestimated the # of nodes needed to cover the house.

house is about 6000 sq ft and i bought 6 nodes. in some of my testing, ive successfully covered most of the house with 2, or 3 nodes.i would consider trying a smaller number of nodes that are more spread out.

i cant give you technical explanation as to why, but it cant hurt to give it a shot.  

i would start with 2 or 3, and see how it goes.

Hi...as for me,am using 2nodes out of the 3nodes i bought...having full coverage in my flat(92 square meters)Dead spots were unavoidable previously as there are metal structures within the walls, throughout the flat.
Only issue now is the child node going offline intermittently.

Yeah, I tried a setup initially with the first 3 node package that I bought.  In brief, it didn't even come close to doing the job, which is why I bought the 2nd 3-pack.

I'm really disappointed, by the way, with the range of the child nodes.  The claims that a 3 node setup can cover "up to 6000 sq ft" seem like total **bleep** to me.  I'd love to see that house...It must be one floor with a totally open 75 x 80 floor plan...ha ha.

The whole blue light / yellow light thing drives me crazy...I have nodes changing back and forth several times in the same hour.  They are always good on the setup though, according to the Velop app.

The app also have issues my friend..takes awhile to retrieve router settings..but Eventhou connected will show offline sometimes.. need to close open the app few times to get right reading..i do have asus app as well and it makes the linksys app looks like new kid in the block...
Well said...the amber light does make head spin when settings are correct.
Really appreciate if any tech support wud look into this issues and aid us..
Linksys was my top choice since i had their wrt54 for years w/o any problems..
Now i might have second thoughts...sadly

So I tried the new Eero and 2 beacon 3-pack-- actually bought 2 packages to see if it would cover the house.  It was a total disaster...drops all the time and speeds during uptime that were 15-20% of my Spectrum service speed.

Before conceding defeat, wiring the house with Ethernet and going back to the Velops, I decided to give the Orbi 3-pack one more try.  To cut to the chase, the Orbi is a beast.  Near top speeds all over the house and no downtime, drops, etc in the 3-4 days since I set it up.

Bottom line, the Velops are going back and I'm Team Orbi now...

What firmware version were you using? I wonder if your problems are related to the latest firmware issues?

My issues were pre-firmware update...Things actually got better after the new firmware, which may or may not be coincidence. Still my Orbi 3-pack has been flawless since setup.

I had the 2 pack Orbi RBK50 (5000sq ft) and it was horrible for me that I returned within 2 weeks (july 4th).  Constant internet drops on my phone where I couldn't use it.  They also had an issue with bad firmware.  There was no way to rollback the firmware on it since it constantly updates.  The only option is to get on there beta test and get a firmware number that is higher than the current.  

I will say this Netgear support was horrible.  I requested beta fw and it took 3-4 days before it showed up after I submitted my NDA, but by then I had returned the Orbi.  Supposedly the beta firmware made improvement.  Thats just my experience, maybe you will have better luck.  Its a neat product, but it didn't work for me could have something to do with the 2 pack rather than the 3 pack.  

I will say the support on this forum from Linksys has been hundreds of times better in getting answers.  Netgear has maybe one person official person answering questions on the forum.  

I'm still trying to figure out if the Velop will be my answer.  

x51

I have the exact same problems as you are having. I called Velop technical support 4x. They elevated my case and I made an appointment with an engineer who I thought would be able to solve the problem for me. He essentially told me lots of people are having these issues and they are working on a fix but have no timetable on a resolution. He did say I can return the system to the store. Great.