Re: Multiple Problems With Velop System

Thanks for the update and the fact that they are "working on it".  At least I won't waste time banging my head against the wall until further firmware versions are released.

x51

I decided to return my Velop unit to Best Buy and bought an AmpliFI system. It works great.

I wish it was that simple.  From everything I read all of these whole house wifi mesh systems have their issues.  I see people posting that they switched to another system and it worked great, and others saying it was horrible and they switched back,  Not to mention that I have had this thing for some months now and don't have the box anymore!  So the only person that will likely take it back is Linksys.

Expert

Hi, @simonmason. We were able pull up a record of you in our system. For us to verify if it's you, email us your community username, phone number, location (country/state), and the link to this post at LinksysCares@linksys.com. We'll then have our Escalation Engineers assist you thoroughly with your case.

Chris-21499
Linksys Technical Support

Thanks. I am already talking to tech support. Either bridge mode and/or Ethernet backhaul combined is causing my issues. After trying multiple things with tech support, none of which fixed the problem so far, I factory reset everything. Now I am going to slowly add features to see if I can reproduce the issue.

we are all in same boat. one week with velop system and i can't enjoy my 100Mps !!! i don't advice any one to get velop system until they make real changes. i'm Disappointment for spending big amount in system that not working good

I gave up on the Velop weeks ago.  Initially, I tried the new Eero beacons, which were a total disaster. They were worse than the Velops.

I went back to the Orbis I had originally purchased before trying the Velops.  Taking some lessons learned from tinkering with these mesh systems for a few weeks, my Orbi setup has worked near flawlessly for several weeks now.  Almost full strength wifi throughout the house with no downtime.

Bottom line, Orbi crushes Velop and Eero, in my experience.  I think the various mesh networks don't work well, especially if a node is more than one hop from the main unit.  Maybe one day they will be superior, but not right now.

[ Edited ]

I also have almost same issues as well.

I set up 5 nodes out of 6.

The main issue is that almost all the devices connect to parent node even though some of them are very close to child node.

I place an order 5 of asus router to create AiMesh.

I personally use AiMesh at home with two asus router, and all my devices connect to the closer node.

As I know, AiMesh can create 5 node max.

Either AiMesh works well or not, I will return this velop.-I have no idea why this velop has so many good reviews in the internet.

I found a solution!

I connected all nodes to a switch, and the aggregate from the switch to the main router. The only issue is that i have to setup each node as a system instead of one system, this way, the nodes are connected as follows:

Router - Switch - Node 1

Router - Switch - Node 2

Router - Switch - Node 3

Each node now is a system by itself and is not connected to the other nodes (i.e as access points).

The system works perfectly. However, the only issue is that i cannot find all three systems on the mobile application to perform any modification. The only system found in the application is that last one that i made for it the setup...

Any ideas?