Nodes disconnecting several times a day

Hi,

I´ve got 6 Nodes to cover our house, but the nodes turns yellow and disconnects to the main node several times a day( its less than 4/5 meters between every nodes, anyone knows what to do? I changed from Apple Wifi ( only 3 wifi routers covered the house) to Velop because it was supposed to be a very good mesh system:-(  But it turns out it the worst wifi system I have ever had.

Re: Nodes disconnecting several times a day

Hi

It is a dreadful system - unreliable, and bug-ridden. If you are within your return window then take it back and get a refund. Do not delay.

Otherwise you will have to hang around here - like many of us - waiting to see if Linksys ever release a firmware version that works. I have been waiting for eigth months now.

My family now hate me. (Well, maybe not hate - but they do detest the fact that I have screwed up the home wifi system for them and are not shy about telling me about their constant drop-outs.) I wish I had returned it when I had the chance.

Expert

@bjartberwrote:

Hi,

I´ve got 6 Nodes to cover our house, but the nodes turns yellow and disconnects to the main node several times a day( its less than 4/5 meters between every nodes, anyone knows what to do? I changed from Apple Wifi ( only 3 wifi routers covered the house) to Velop because it was supposed to be a very good mesh system:-(  But it turns out it the worst wifi system I have ever had.

Hi--

I have been using a 7 node velop system and have been having relatively good success.

Can you please provide your system configuration, For example,

mdoem -> master velop -> switch -> slave velops  etc. wired or wireless connections?

Also, what firmware version are you using?

Also, please describe your set-up process for the Velops.

Z

@Zoro1wrote:

I have been using a 7 node velop system and have been having relatively good success.

Hello - please can you clarify what you mean by "relatively good success"?

Do you mean relative to other recent products you have used (if so I would be interested to hear which ones you have found to be worse than Velop)?

Or relative to other users on this forum (and if this then I would love to understand the steps you took to get to even a half-way usable system without drop-outs)?

(Apologies to the OP if you feel these q's are off-topic, but I think you - and me - could benefit if there are genuine lessons be learned.)

Expert

@PianSomwrote:

@Zoro1wrote:

Hello - please can you clarify what you mean by "relatively good success"?

Do you mean relative to other recent products you have used (if so I would be interested to hear which ones you have found to be worse than Velop)?

Or relative to other users on this forum (and if this then I would love to understand the steps you took to get to even a half-way usable system without drop-outs)?

(Apologies to the OP if you feel these q's are off-topic, but I think you - and me - could benefit if there are genuine lessons be learned.)

Hi--

My configuration looks like this:

modem -> velop master -> Cisco Switch -> Velop slaves (6) (wired)

I have about a 7000 sq ft house with lots of in-wall wiring.

The Velop system needs to be rebooted perhaps every 7-10 days when I have a modem/ISP drop. I have 120 Mb/sec ISP with about 40 devices. The devices get about 60-70 Mb/sec service (which is about the norm for IEEE 802-11ac devices) (measured with a network analyzer).

Although there have been some bumps in the road, the system has been stable for the last 5-6 months.

I hope this helps.. Please ask other questions if I missed something..

Z

Hello @Zoro1

OK, I guess we have rather different expectations, and different measures of what counts as "relatively good success". 

I would not expect a wifi hub/router to require a reboot after an ISP outage. Or, indeed, at all in normal circumstances. No other modern consumer network equipment - certainly at the Velop price point - has this behaviour. If you consider this as stable or acceptable then I think you are very easily satisfied.

Thanks for your response, and I don't have any more questions at this time. It seems to me that my advice to the OP is still the most appropriate. 

Expert

@PianSomwrote:

Hello @Zoro1

OK, I guess we have rather different expectations, and different measures of what counts as "relatively good success". 

I would not expect a wifi hub/router to require a reboot after an ISP outage. Or, indeed, at all in normal circumstances. No other modern consumer network equipment - certainly at the Velop price point - has this behaviour. If you consider this as stable or acceptable then I think you are very easily satisfied.

Thanks for your response, and I don't have any more questions at this time. It seems to me that my advice to the OP is still the most appropriate. 

Hi--

Guess I should have been more specific. When I have an ISP outage the master Velop always recovers but the hardwired slave nodes sometimes do not recover. This requires them to be rebooted.

Is this the optimal solution? No, but this is still subtantial progress over the initial state of the Velop system. I recognize that more progress needs to be made, but at this point the system is substantially better than the router and three access points I was using previously.

Z

Inteno modem - master velop - 5 slave nodes wireless around the house. Firmware newest. I followed the app on iOS for setup.
B