PC connected via LAN to child node takes a while to recognize network upon boot

Basically, as the title says, I have my PC wired via ethernet to a child node that is wirelessly connected to the parent node. The problem is that when I boot up the PC it will have an unidentified network connection for about 20-30 seconds before it recognizes the connection and connects to the internet. This is quite annoying as most of my startup programs depend on the internet and they all show connection error messages right away because they can't connect and they have to be restarted.

Is anyone else having this problem? I didn't have this problem before Velop, so i'm doubtful that it's on my end. It's super annoying. 

Re: PC connected via LAN to child node takes a while to recognize network upon boot

@sk8rbohy Please try the following for isolation purposes:

1. Connect the PC to the other port
2. Connect a different computer to the same node
3. Try to connect a computer to the parent node

Let us know your observations. BTW, please make sure that you're running the latest firmware.

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support

Re: PC connected via LAN to child node takes a while to recognize network upon boot

[ Edited ]

I tried the steps you suggested and the big discovery was that only the parent node didn't have the issue. Both child nodes acted the same in both ethernet ports. When plugged into the parent node, the connection was instantly recognized. 

Also, the firmware is set to auto-update and appears to be on the latest version released a few days ago.

sk8rbohy

Got that. Try to relocate the Child nodes and run the channel finder. Please observe if there's any improvement.

Pamela - 21733

[ Edited ]

There is no difference. Been running this setup for a couple weeks now. The light on the node i'm hardlined into never changes from blue, so the nodes all seem to be in range of each other.

Highlighted

@sk8rbohy

Let's have our Escalation Engineers assist you. Please email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), firmware version, community username and a link to this post for reference.

Carl_S 21985

Was there any solution to this?

Im having the same issue. A PC connect via wire to a slave node.

It always takes about 20sec after logging in to desktop for the computer to recognize it has internet access.

If its connected via wire to master its imediate. 

This should be a simple software fix from you guys?

@andersek

Hi there! Best if we can have our Escalation Engineers look into this case to further assist. Please send us an email with the Cares mailer provided above. We'll be looking forward to it.

Carl_S 21985

No solution yet, they just want to troubleshoot the issue because apparently it’s our job as customers to “fix” their faulty software/firmware

I had this same behavior on my Xbox One, which was hardwired to a child node.  When I would restart or power on the console, it would take 30-60 seconds to connect to the network and (due to the delay) sometimes I would manually have to login to Xbox live. 

Since going to  1.1.2.186308, I have not seen this issue.  Someone posted a link to the firmware and you'll have to manually update your child nodes and then the parent node.  To date, it's been extremely stable.