Re: Parental Control Not Working

Yes it does

Same issue for me. Only blocks some sites on a blocked device. I have an EA7500.

What a huge disappointment this router is! Tried to disable ipv6 with no luck.

@irataxy

What firmware version is it running on? Make sure that it's up to date. Also, have you tried resetting the Linksys EA7500? If not, you can try to reset it, however, you'll have to reconfigure the settings after that. 

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Have same issues with parental controls not working at all, wondering is it so difficult to fix such annoying issue? I mean, there are a lot of topics even 10 years old regarding this issue. I'm using EA6700 and it is overall good device but this simple issue is just frustrating me. Ive even tried Tomato firmware, it's nice except slower wifi speed, so back to factory firmware. Now I have firmware 1.1.40.176451 on my EA6700 and it says it latest. I've disabled IPv6 and still no luck. To be honest this is insane. Hope someone from Linksys will help me to fix that issue. Thanks

Our Escalation Engineers would happily assist you with that concern, Tijs. Email us your phone number and location at LinksysCares@linksys.com, along with the link to this post.

Kloe-21503

[ Edited ]

Yup,   I've got the EA6700 and I've given up.     Instead of parental controls, the WiFi now turns off from 11pm-5am and everyone knows it.    This has worked for several month until unexpectantly, it stopped working.    I found this out when my 10 year old son couldn't get out of bed for school..  I confirmed an all-nighter when I looked at the browser history and saw that he was online when it should have been off.   Oh well, this system sucks.

Has anyone gotten real help from Linksys?     

(btw, I've tried everything on the forum)

Hello there, Boulderjoe

Since you've done all the troubleshooting steps in the trhread, we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you further for a thorough technical support for your Parental Control setback. Email us your full name, phone number and home address along with the reference from this thread via our mailer: LinksysCares@linksys.com

Harvey - 21598

This is by far the biggest disappointment that i have ever purchased the whole reason for my buying decision was based on the Parental control feature.... The best buy representative did a great job recommending this equipment based on features and benefit's... I do not blame best buy.... I would hope that based on the pure fact that the device doesn't work at all like advertised that you are working day and night to have this fixed... should you offer a refund? our gift card? something in return for this worthless piece of equipment?  Do the next right thing fix it or offer money back and don't make everyone got to a brick and mortar store and waste half the day trouble shooting this garbage ..... FIX the **bleep** THING! 

Expert

jimjam1031 wrote:

This is by far the biggest disappointment that i have ever purchased the whole reason for my buying decision was based on the Parental control feature.... The best buy representative did a great job recommending this equipment based on features and benefit's... I do not blame best buy.... I would hope that based on the pure fact that the device doesn't work at all like advertised that you are working day and night to have this fixed... should you offer a refund? our gift card? something in return for this worthless piece of equipment?  Do the next right thing fix it or offer money back and don't make everyone got to a brick and mortar store and waste half the day trouble shooting this garbage ..... FIX the **bleep** THING! 

Is your Velop the main router for your network?

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

@jimjam1031

Are you already running on firmware version 1.1.2.183316? If not, make sure that you are. 

Ces-21490