Re: Parental Control Not Working

[ Edited ]

Greetings!

Thanks for the reply, yes I did set it up for autoupdate however now I can not log into the linksys app on my phone. I deleted the app and re installed it tried logging in via my cell connection still crashes. I'm beginning to have buyers remorse. I replaced an apple airport (2 devices) with this and quickly becomming discouraged my friends purchased the Orbi months ago w/o any issues. I am within my return window. 

Anonymous

@Runner1

Let's get you over to our Escalation Engineers for further assistance. Please send us your contact details along with the link to this post and your community username at LinksysCares@linksys.com for us to create a case and have it bumped up to our Engineers.

After waiting for a return phone call from Linksys and nothing I went back to Best Buy. Spoke to several people there and we all mutually concluded that I return the Velop and move to Google, of which I have done. Wanted you to know that the app does not work and the stated internet speed is not what is claimed. My phone will be within 10 feet of a node and it will not show full internet power. Just a dissapointing experience.

I'm having the same problem. I block the kids devices and still find them online. Really becoming disappointed in going the Linksys route. Parental control was one of the main reasons I purchased the Linksys AC1900 along with thinking I would get better range. Ended up buying a range extender too, as this router doesn't even have the range of my old TPLink AC1750. But I really wanted to be able to block specific sites from my kids. But seems that isn't even working.

I returned mine and went with Google Router (three pack) it was cheaper, easier to set up and does everything I wanted in the Velop, which, as we know, does not work.  Is it too late to return it?  

@agmais

What's the exact model number of your Linksys router? Is it running on the latest firmware? If it isn't, we suggest that you update it so the bugs that you're currently experiencing with the unit will be fixed.

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

I have the Linksys EA7500. Running firmware version 1.1.3.178908. It is set for Automatic updates. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Expert

@agmais,

The firmware version of your Linksys EA7500 is up-to-date. What devices are affected? Has the Parental Control feature of your router worked fine before? Please send us your answers at LinksysCares@linksys.com with your community username, phone number and location (country/state). Kindly include the screenshot of the Parental Controls section on your router so we can check on it.

Chris-21499

Hello,

I have more of less the same problem. When I boot the velops and set parental controls (I only want to set the timeframes where they have internet access) everything initially works. But then, the next day - I assume once the ip lease has been renewed? - they can surf the internet 24/7. When I then make an update to the parental controls, they are enforced again, until a day later.
Maybe this is linked: when I look at the device list, after more than a day I see devices that are listed as offline while I am working on them...
Apart from that I have a good experience, but one of the reasons to buy the velop was the promise for good parental control and at this time this simply is not working.
I have updated to the latest version of both app and firmware (just checked today to be sure)

I am willing to help out to test if this helps, but I would really want a solution!
Thanks

Hello, dipke. The team is currently checking on a resolution in that regard. Let's have you forwarded to our Escalation Engineers to conduct further testing. Email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com, containing your contact details and the link to this thread.

Kloe-21503