Anonymous

Re: Parental Control Not Working

Same issue here.  I otherwise like the Linksys Velop, but I MUST HAVE this feature.  I have one more week to try the equipment before my window to return the equipment to Best Buy expires.  If I can't get this to work this week, I will have to return the equipment and explore another option.

@greb

As per 

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Mine used to work, more or less on my WRT1900AC. But lately it's completely useless. I even reset it to factory defaults and tried again tonight and it' was a waste of time. Blocking with a schedule or a manual block is completely ineffective. Firmware 1.1.10.167514

@MatR

Have you tried to disable IPv6 on your router's setup page? If you haven't, please do and let us know if it'll make any difference. 

Ces-21490

Disabled IPv6 on Connectivity > Internet Settings tab and it did not improve. Parental controls still not working. I restarted the router after making the change.

At the Troubleshooting tab>Status>Report, see to it that both router time and browser time are synchronized. 

Kloe-21503

Exactly the same. Also fails to block an AppleTV, Roku and iPad. Won't block anything
Expert

@MatR,

Why don't we have our second level team assist you further with your setback? Send us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com with your community username, phone number, location (country/state), and the link to this post for our reference.

Chris-21499

I am now having the same problem as well. The parental controls are not working. It's letting devices that I have blocked (whether for specific times or all day) on to the Internet. All nodes are running the current firmware version (1.1.1.180735).

Anonymous

@gecee

Have you tried rebooting the nodes? What's their current LED Status? What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?