Re: Parental Control Not Working

Yes, I've rebooted all the nodes. I've tried:

• disabling / reenabling the parental controls
  • changing the restrictions on a particular device (always / never / specific)
  • releasing / renewing the lease on a device where restrictions are in place
  • disabling IPv6

Understood. Let's have you assisted by our Level 2 Support Team over the phone instead. Email us the link to this post at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your phone number and location.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

This is a frustrating problem that I, too, am having.  I have tried manual blocking, scheduled blocking, and even tried adjusting from a mobile device.  The router tells me that items are blocked, but they are not.  Did a check for firmware update, but it just tells me that there are no updates.  I really REALLY want this fixed.  It is one of the key features that prompted me to purchase this (rather expensive) router!

Firmware version:  1.0.3.177401

Anonymous

FWIW, I returned my Velop system after spending hours with 2nd and 3rd level customer support.  I really liked the Velop system in all other ways, but the parental controls simply do not work and that was a must have feature for me.  I hope Linksys fixes this issue.  I so, I might take another look at the product in the future.

Try disabling the IPv6 option on your router, Saintanne. Make sure that the router time and browser time are synchronized too. Otherwise, do email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com so that our Engineering Team can look into it thoroughly.

Kloe-21503

Same issue. I've emailed, no response. reboot the router after... checking router time, turning off IPv6, turning off parental controls. Turned parental controls and STILL same issues.

FIX THIS

I'm having the same problem with my 2-month old Linksys EA7300 Router.

I setup the parenting controls for my kid's devices.   I generally have them turn off from 11pm-5am.     This is what happens

1)  a devices is now blocked all day and it shows this under the blockout grid.  (It wasn't set this way initially)  This has happened at least three times

2) a wireless computer that was connected is no longer connected (blocked at 7pm).    The device isn't supposed to be blocked during this time.   I unblock it totally (unblock parenting controls totally) but it doesn't unblock.      

3) Sporatic blocking/unblocking of parentally controlled devices.    I know this because my kids come running when their devices stop working in the middle of the day/evening when everything should be working.    This has been going on for weeks

I've updated to the latest firmware (it says its the latest)

My timezone is correct.

The Router time is correct.

I've manually reset and edited parental controls many times.

Now unblocked all Parental Controls

I'm going to try blocking the entire router from 12am-5am.    My 4G will still work in case of emergency.

Anyone else have this issue?   I'll bet you do.    Are there any workarounds?    - J

Anonymous

@Boulderjoe

It seems you've used up all the basic workarounds. Let's have our Escalation Engineers give you hand with your EA7300. Please shoot us your contact details (Full name / Phone number / Location / Community Username) for us to create a case and have it bumped up to them.

I just recently bought an EA9300 router and when I set the parental controls I find that when the device is supposed to be blocked the children are still able to continue playing or running an app. that thew are already logged into, but if they exit out of them and then try to reconnect then they are blocked.  Also any other apps they try to launch after the blocked time won't launch either.

I have to use the Smartwifi app from my phone and force a reboot on the router to kick them off, which is irritating.  Especially if one child is blocked at a different time than the other or I have multiple block times set up.

I check for updates and the router seems to be running at the newest version, 1.1.9.181086

Have you tried the mentioned workarounds above, Glt1866? If they didn't work, feel free to shoot us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com for further troubleshooting.

Kloe-21503