Re: Parental Control Not Working

same problem really disappointed... level 2 support been able to fix the problem for anyone on this thread? appreciate some input.... i will be returning this product... if not resolved.. yes firmware is up to date etc.... the parental controls was the reason i purchased

Same thing.      I've owned this router for two months.    I wanted it to get better multi-device speed, which works.    Secondarily, I need parental controls, which doesn't work at all.    I've done all the work-arounds and tech services wants me to call them.   But what I've read on this forum is that they cannot help.     Can they?   Or should I sell this router and replace it?

[ Edited ]

Hi, All,

Have you tried to disable IPv6? With the latest firmware, you can now go to Security>Firewall>SPI firwall protection and disable it. 

Ces-21490
Linksys Technical Support

Yeah, I disabled IPv6 and it doesn't help

@Boulderjoe

Email us your contact details and the link to this thread at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can have our Level 2 Support team assist you with this case. 

Ces-21490

Linksys Support Team,

I'm facing same problem since 2 weeks and my son's Android phone is still able to browse Internet or youtube even if your app is showing it blocked and parental Control is turned on (w specific Time limit) Parental controls were working correctly earlier. I have tried resetting my Routers and updated with latest firmware. My Iphone app is also updated.

My Router EA6900

Firmware- 1.1.42.174776

Please suggest solution ASAP.

Expert

@systransaz,

One of the workarounds that you can try is to disable the IPv6 of your router. You can do this by logging in to your Linksys Smart WiFi account and go to Security > Firewall > SPI firwall protection and disable it. Apart from that, you can also try to input the following domains for Youtube blocking:

YouTube domain: youtube.com

Thumbnail domains (PCs, tablets, and phones): ytimg.com ytimg.l.google.com m.youtube.com

Youtube Applications: youtube.l.google.com googlevideo.com

Hope this helps.

Chris-21499

hi Chris/ Linksys Tech Support Team,

I've tried following those steps but internet is still active on his phone. I disabled those SPI Firewall Protection. There are two options IPv6 and one more guess IPv4 something. But I disabled IPv6. I also blocked youtube.com explictly in site block options. I've turned on Specific time to block Internet access still Parental Controls are NOT working.

Please suggest what is causing this problem. This issue was not present earlier and might have caused because of some update to firmware or something else.

Plese help.

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with my EA8300  1.1.2.181302.  I had problems with linksys in the past and my netgear burned out so I thought I would give them a try again.  BIG mistake!  All of these people with the same problem that is not new technology and you can't manage it?  I will never buy linksys again and I suggest all the same.  If you can't recreate old technology, why would I want to trust in you on new technology?!?

I have disabled ip6.  Router and browser times match.  I have both firewalls disabled.  It's your poor coding.

There are 3 desktops connected via ethernet and they are all able to use the internet whenever they want even when I have them disabled "Always".

Has there been a fix for this issue yet? I haven't filed a complaint. Was patiently waiting and hoping for a fix.......