Re: Parental Control Not Working

I've got the latest firmware and since it IS working when I reboot the router I don't think resetting will solve anything. 

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Parental Controls only allows you to block select internet sites...

So - choose to block up to MAX seven sites, on total MAX of six devices- and then it works.

But- this does not work for me- I want to block ALL internet for periods of time with my kids, so I returned and bought Google Mesh.

And- OMG- Google mesh gave me 60mb download, while this only gave me 30. 

So- download is better, and the parental controls are much, much better- and more intuitive.

Really, really wish I had started out with Google Router.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Parental Controls only allows you to block select internet sites...

So - choose to block up to MAX seven sites, on total MAX of six devices- and then it works.

But- this does not work for me- I want to block ALL internet for periods of time with my kids, so I returned and bought Google Mesh.

And- OMG- Google mesh gave me 60mb download, while this only gave me 30. 

So- download is better, and the parental controls are much, much better- and more intuitive.

Really, really wish I had started out with Google Router.

[ Edited ]

I also purchased the 9300 for the parental controls and also we have a lot of wireless devices.  Sadly the parental controls do not work for our router either!!!   At all!  Such a failure of a router for  $300 price tag

That is why Amazon has reviews....

Linksys has known about this problem for months- not a single person on this forum has had their issue resolved....

I'm so confused.  I've moved on from the linksys ea8300 and I have purchased the tp-link ac5400 and now the asus ac3200.  None of these 3 routers block the internet and they all fail in the same manner.  They block the devices if after a fresh reboot but within 24 hours they fail over and over.  I'm starting to think it's something windows related.  We all use win 10 64bit.

How would it be windows related for a network device running linux? I've configured the router via a mac and try to block a chromecast (android?), ipads and iphones.

This has nothing to do with windows.

[ Edited ]

Good Luck, I would return it.. the problem is the router not the OS.. 

Problem Solved.

It is an internal conflict with the Router's settings.  Out of the box- Parental Controls will not work.

Go to

• "Connectivity" Tab
  • Then "Internet Settings" Tab
  • select "IpV6"
  • Then- disable IpV6
  • Pres "save"
  • Then go to "Troubleshooting" Tab
  • Then to "Diagnostics" Tab
  • Then Select "Reboot"

After you have done this  - Parental controls will work.

But:

1. This means you paid top dollar for a router- but you cannot use the highbandwith Ipv6 settings!  Like buying a new Iphone- that has only 3G connectivity...
  2. You paid top dollar for a router- that is not out of the box ready....
  3. You are likely pissed- as I am/was.
  4. I bought a Google Router- and my oh my- Heaven!  Much, much, much faster- and Parental controls work much, much better!

Don't see a reboot option in diagnostics...