Re: Parental Control Not Working

bottom left on the screen

I am on latest firmware and parental controls having no effect either on schedule or on manual block access. Is is supposed to block all access? Only web access? Named sites only? For me it doesn't block any of these on two different iOS devices

No reboot in bottom of screen, only factory reset towards bottom right...

Thanks for the lively conversation everyone. I've watched posts and have arrived at the simple conclusion Linksys does not have and will not have a solution; and, if I had only bought the cheaper Google router I would have saved a lot of time and had a happier experience. I'm extremely discouraged by the Linksys customer support in this forum and the delusion that anyone will pay for a performance router and then purposively reduce performance while accepting the daily inconvienince of a reboot.

It's sad to see Linksys fall to such a low under the umbrella of Cisco and Belkin. I had a similar Linksys/Cisco experience with their first AC97 routers and hoped they would have righted the ship. There was a time Linksys routers were very good and very affordable. Now they appear to be no more than an overpriced failure.

If the google router works out-of-box I'll be sure and post here to support other claims regarding the experience.

-John

@Mrsrs446 that only works temporarily.

Really love my Google routers....

Consistently testing at 90+ mbs!!!

And- the phone app actually works, as do parental controls.

Linksys is doomed.

Have had an EA9200 for almost a year. Up until recently, the parental scheduling worked. Not It blocks all the time regardless f the scheduled

Hi, ShizzDiGG. Kindly follow the workarounds stated in this thread. Should the issue persists, our Escalation Engineers would happily assist you over the phone. Just email us the details at LinksysCares@linksys.com, along with your phone number and location.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

Bought the Google Wifi Mesh Router yesterday to address this persistent problem with Parental Controls using a benchmark.

Setup was equally as easy as the Velop, performance was a solid 200Mbs+ just like the Velop, and Parental Controls just worked. No reboots, no firmware upgrades, not daily resets. Kids schedules established and validated within 10 minutes of setup.

My advice like many others is firmly in the court of return the Velop. Package returning to Amazon this afternoon...

-John

I'll read some reviews later on, thanks for your input - I might go and do the same. 

Do you know if the google mesh offers bridge mode?