Parental Control Not Working

Is any one else having issues with the parental control features?

I try to manually block a device and it often doesn't work.  

When it does work, my children are still able to access sites like: YouTube, Netflixs, Apple etc.  

Other sites get message control page.

So fustrating that the parental control feature does NOT work as advertised.

Re: Parental Control Not Working

@CherryBlossom
What's the model number of your router? Was this working properly before?

It would also help if you can include the firmware version. We'll check this out.

Thaddeus - 14850
Linksys Technical Support

I have a four node Velop system. Model # WHW03
Parental control never worked since purchase (which was last week).
Firmware is 1.1.1.179155

We got this, CherryBlossom. Shoot us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com with your contact details and the link to this thread so we can have this taken care of. 

Ces-21490

I have set a time that the kids can not be on router, but I think  it does not include Apps on cell phones.  They can get into sites using their apps on cell phone.  I wonder if there is something that will work for restricting the apps not just internet.  I am a little upset for getting a new router(AC1750) thinking it had better controls and it has worse controls then my netgear.

Expert

[ Edited ]

@samteg

Did you block the smartphones using specific websites? If so, it should include blocking the app and maximum of 10 websites. Try to block the smartphones manually to block the device in getting online. let us know if it works. 

Chiqui-17359

[ Edited ]

Agreed, frustrated... Purchased the Velop 3 pack internet is blazing fast however when I try to block or set time limits for my kids it simply does not work. Why??

Firmware version is 1.1.1.179155 - says it is up to date

Anonymous

@Runner1

An update was recently launched. Please be sure that the Linksys App is up-to-date on your phone so that you can load the new firmware on your Velop devices.

Firmware version: 1.1.1.180246 and up

Linksys app version: 2.2.2.201226 and up

Shoot us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com should you run into any challenges.

Will do however I thought the Velop was designed to auto update? Why do I have to manually update it?? How do manually update when it is set to auto? Thanks..

@Runner1

Are you already running on the latest app version? If you are, the app should've updated your firmware to the latest one if you've already enabled the Automatic Firmware Update feature of your Linksys Velop. However, if it's not promting you with the new FW, try to follow the steps from this link

Ces-21490