Phantom IP address

Hi,

I've two Aztech IP cameras using the 2.4ghz connectivity.
After setting up my three nodes velop, I connect one of my cameras to the network. Upon successful connection, the velop assign an IP address ending with .157 to my camera1. However a lan scan with a third party app shows that the velop had also somehow given an additional IP address ending with .123 to camera1.
I proceeded to connect camera2 to the network. This time, the velop gave camera2 an IP address ending with .134 but did not give it another IP address.
To test, I turned off camera1 and somehow .123 became linked to camera2 instead.
If i turn off camera2 and turn on camera1 .123 will link with the camera that is on.
If I have both cameras on, the velop appear to link .123 randomly to either camera throughout the day. The Linksys app did not detect any device connected to .123.
Had anyone experienced something similar? Thanks for any advice.

Re: Phantom IP address

Hi, PlatinumGoat. We'd like to clarify few things out. May we know where did you get the IP addresses mentioned above? Is it from the third party app or from the Linksys App? Try to force closed the Linksys App then check the IP address given to each camera.

Also, are you having any challenge with the two cameras? Make sure that you're running the latest firmware as well.

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support

All the IP addresses are auto generated by the velop.
The Linksys app on my iPhone 7 and the browser login can only detect the .134 and .157.
The .123 can only be detected by a third party app I use called Net Analyser on my iPhone.

I did lots more than force close the app. I factory reset both the velop and cameras. I also deleted and reinstalled the Linksys app. The .123 keeps coming back when I connect my camera.

And yes, I have the latest firmware for the velop.
Please advice. Thanks.

Thanks for the details, PlatinumGoat. We'd like to have this checked further with our escalation engineers. Please email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your contact details (Full Name, Phone Number, Location - City/State), community username and a link to this post for reference. 

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support

Thanks for your reply. Your 2nd level technician already contacted me about this several days ago for all the details and I've yet to hear from them since. I was hoping that someone from this community had encountered a similar issue and get advice from them quickly.