Anyone having issues with using Velop with Pi-hole?  Using Pi-hole for more than a year without problems but old router died and replaced it with Velop.  If I try to use Pi-hole with Velop, the LED turns red yet there is full internet connectivity.  Also, I am no longer able to access the Velop either via app or web page on connected browser - unknown WAN error.  This all occurs as soon as I change the Velop DNS settings to point to the Pi-hole.  Have spoken the Linksys support 3 times now and the only thing to do is complete reset and start all over without Pi-hole acting as DNS server.

Re: Pi-hole

[ Edited ]

Ironically I suspect pi-hole might be blocking access to the Linksys smartwifi URL's - so the Velop smartwifi integration can't validate its internet connections (there are some behind the scenes ones it checks as its 'is the internet up' routine).

I'm no pi-hole expert, but if there is a whitelist/bypass feature it might be worth whitelisting anything that is;
*.linksyssmartwifi.com
*.linksys.com
*.ciscoconnectcloud.com
*.belkin.com

(I'm only suggesting these because I can see them in the http://192.168.1.1/sysinfo.cgi so I presume they are relevant to the system config)

p.s. Thanks for putting me onto pi-hole - I'm going to give it a try in my setup!

Thank you.  I am going to try that today and see what happens.  There is a whitelist in pi-hole.  Yes, pi-hole has worked very well for me.

Did the whitelist work? It did not  for me. I've also tried disabling Pihole (but keeping it as the DNS entry) without any difference in the behavior of the Velop system.

Another side effect seems to be that the web admin doesn't work. Compains about no internet access.

The local web access app seems to work fine - even showing there is web access. The iOS app works, but shows the system is not connected to the internet.

It looks like everything is working just fine now.  PiHole is functioning as the DNS server but using Velop for DHCP.  Blue LED on both Velop units.

I can confirm that, too. I noticed it late yesterday...

Interesting...