Expert

Re: Problem with obtaining IP address

jlmkerr wrote:

Reverted back - still not working.

Only one velop port is connected to the main router.

Double check that the firmware version listed under the problem node's WebUI is the latest version. 

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

As is displayed in the previous post, the firmware is 1.1.1.180735
Expert

Have you tried manually uploading the firmware via the WebUI and reset the node?

Linksys

I've manually switched to using three different nodes as a parent node and the problem is reproducible on all of them (without the others connected - I've just reverted to trying to get any one to work as a stand alone device before adding the others to the Velop network), the chances of a corrupt firmware on three of them is vanishingly small.
Expert

I'm running out of ideas Smiley Very Happy

AFAIK there are only two users posting this issue. Not much to go on.

Linksys

Hello

I have the same problem. 3 nodes and in normal mode Velop use double nat. Wifi dhcp uses 10.1.X.X and in my wired network I use 192.168.X.X so you must use double nat and wired devices have problems to comunicate with wireles devices. In bridge mode Velop devices do not give IP from the DHCP server (router). 

I am very unhappy with the Velop system because I have lost a lot of time and it isf rustrating. 

I am running out of ideas, so I'm thinking about returning it...

Hello, jlmkerr. Allow us to forward your case to our 2nd level Support Team so our Escalation Engineers can work with you and conduct a further diagnosis with this issue. Please e-mail us the following information at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can create a case for you in our system:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Post (for reference):

We'll be waiting.

Dennis - 20702
Linksys Technical Support

As mentioned by 

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

Thanks, I've called up the support number and been escalated beyond level 2 support now. Hopefully we can find a fix.

Exact same problem here.

New 3 node system. Initally set up as "automatic - out of the box" 192.168.1.1 system - worked fine.

All nodes functional and good coverage.

Changed the connection to "bridge mode" and am finding that one or more of the nodes will not provide an IP address.

DHCP server is a Billion BiPAC7800 ADSL router.

Tried resetting all nodes to factory and initializing the parent only in bridge mode - seemed to be ok. Then added children and same issue.

The mesh system seems to work well, but is pretty useless to me unless the bridge mode works as there are many hardwired static devices on my network already that need to be accessed by the mobile wifi connected devices.