Re: Problem with obtaining IP address

I'm seeing the same issues on my setup.

Everything works fine when using the double-NAT configuration, but when I switch to bridge mode my wireless devices don't receive IP addresses from the non-Velop DHCP server.

I went through the standard setup successfully, ending up with a parent and 2 children, and have not tried setting up each node individually as a parent before switching to bridge mode.  How many people have found that that resolved the DHCP issue for them?

Thanks in advance,

aaa

PS

Additional info:

Firmware Version 1.1.2.181801

Expert

I recommend you try with the previous firmware.

If you would like instructions and a link to the previous firmware Private Message me by clicking on my forum username.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
HN0

I think you may experience loopback in your setup. The stp (Spanning tree protocol) may be disabled on Asus router or switcher. You can try to enable stp option if it's off by default.

Expert

If you would like to try the Velop Beta Firmware to see if it resolves your issue Private Message me the below information by clicking on my forum username.

Subject: Velop Beta Firmware Request

Full Name

Address State and Country

Email Address to send the Beta Tester Agreement to

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

+1 for the same problem. And I'm using a linksys 9500 for a main router

Same issue for me. Using a WRT1900AC with wireless disabled as the main DHCP server.

So, is everyone using wired back haul for all the velop units when they have they issue? I think that could be the issue. I noticed the issue seems to occur when my device switches from one Velop to another.

Not I.  I have my primary node wired and the other 2 are Wifi.

I think you may be on to something. I have 3 nodes total. The primary is obviously hardwired. 2nd is wired 3rd is wireless. Ive noticed when I'm near the primary or 3rd unit my phone has no issues. When I'm near the 2nd wired node it won't pull an IP for quite a while. I have a FiOS router as primary dhcp and it's logs show the request for IP coming in dozens of times. In my case, it seems to happen only on my Android phone, not my family iphones, the rokus or laptops. It also only seems to happen for a new dhcp lease, not a dhcp renewal. I read similar behavior with a wireless Aruba networks device and it turned out to be a QoS setting on the wireless side impacting broadcast traffic which dhcp uses.