Re: Problem with obtaining IP address

[ Edited ]

Hey there, HaiDoan

The setback with your Velop system's Bridge Mode stability should be addressed by the new firmware update. Your system should be running on version 1.1.2.183316 (which was released 24th of August). If you're still experiencing issues even with the latest update, shoot us an email with your full name, phone number and home address via our mailer: LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can look into it thoroughly.

Harvey - 21598
Linksys Technical Support

Dear Linkys

thanks to you i spent around 7 stressful hours in my life for a product that doesn't support a basic feature like bridge mode and the LAN backhaul which is very critical for deployment in houses.

I have enough. Today I brought back my 4 Velops. I lost around 70 USD (10% of the price) but this is netter than losing 90%.

Good luck to other users. Don't waist too much time from your life. If it doesn't work and the feedback is that you should use the latest firmware than by a different product. 

bye

Jerry

I have the latest firmware and also have this issue. 

Hello,cinek

Since you're still experiencing the same setback even with the latest Velop firmware update, let's have your case forwarded to our Escalation Engineers so they can assist you thoroughtly. Email your full name, phone number, home address, and a link of this thread (for reference) to LinksysCares@linksys.com

Harvey - 21598
Linksys Technical Support

I've managed to connect after 30 mins. Seems like it was just the device I was using initially to set up the velop. Other devices connected just fine 

ok so the issue still exists, my phone connects to the wifi after multiple attempts but it should work the first time around. Sent an email to support

I haven't seen anything new for three weeks on this.  Was this problem solved for not receiving IP address in bridge mode?  Firmware still seems to be the same as three weeks ago......

Still having the same issues, random inability of nodes to provide IP address or talk to router at all in bridge node with ethernet backhaul. Latest firmaware, complete rebuilt from scrach etc. Opened several support cases with no resolution, just keep getting adviced random things which has nothing to do with an issue like checking paket drops to www.yahoo.com etc.

Janmort,
Thanks for your post. I agree with others that these types of workarounds should not be needed for a "premium" product but being outside of my return window I gave it a shot. I downloaded a freeware DHCP server and installed on my Windows 10 box and configured and WOW. Instant difference. My Linux/Android devices not only instantly connect now, but are significantly faster. I realize this is because the "long connection delay" was more than likely my device failing to connect to the closest node and kept trying until it connected the the "main" unit.

For reference my primary router is a FiOS quantum router, the velop is in bridge mode, I have 4 nodes with the primary wired to the router via gig-e copper, 2 nodes wired backhaul via moca 2, and the 4th wireless, all on the latest firmware.

I also agree with others that bridge mode appears to be a bit of a hack, as the router shows DHCP and wan configs in bridge mode.

Before setting up my DHCP server, I reviewed the FiOS quantum routers DHCP logs and I could see the DHCP requests coming in numerous times and the router providing an IP back numerous times, but obviously not making it back to my device. I realize this is over simplifying things but I'd imagine if Linksys did a capture between the router and primary velop, pri velop to client connecting velop, and client velop to client device, it should be fairly easy to find the problem. DHCP packets are blasted to the entire subnet, unencrypted and a small data exchange, making capture and analysis far less complex than most raw packet analysis.

My router is also Quantum router. Is issue router specific?