Problems with new firmware 1.1.2.184933

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone today I updated each of my 8   nodes starting with the child nodes.  After the update all my problems started. Nodes kept loosing connectivity with the red light flashing constantly on a node and the  wifi on each node not  work properly. I then did a reboot of each node and attempted to completly re install my entire network from scratch. The first 2 nodes I had no issues with but once I got to my 3rd node it got stuck during the installation process and finally did not complete the process. I attempted this many times with multiple nodes with no success. Then after I decided to try a complete install again and once I added my first 2 nodes I did a downgrade to the provious firmware 1.1.2.183316  Once the downgrade was complete I added my 3rd node and once it was complete I downgrade the 3rd node too. I did this process for all my 8 nodes with no issue. Now my network is back to how it was before the firmware upgrade and its working fine. I have now disabled automatic firmware updates. I will not attemp a new firmware upgarde unti this firware is fixed properly. It took me 8 hours today with this mess.

Cheers

Jeff

Re: Problems with new firmware 1.1.2.184933

Same thing is happening to the velop at home. Updated the firmwares on both units and they are falling off the network like crazy.

My main Velop node is in bridge mode connected to a Netgear GS724T switch. It seems that the velop main node caused the GS724T to hung and so the restof the network lost connection to the main Velop node.

the set up was fine prior to the firmware upgrade

Issues here as well, woke up this morning. No working wifi. After reboot of master node, did het get wifi but no internet access... Smiley Sad Going to work now hoping for magic to happen during the day

Same here. I have 3 nodes, all configured in Bridge Mode and using wired backhaul. Everything went crazy after firmware upgrade.
The quick fix was to downgrade to the previous firmware via http://192.168.1.x/fwupdate.html It was just 10 minutes work and now all looks good. I have now disabled auto updates.

Yep. Same here. Al four nodes just went red with wired backhaul. FML seriously linksys? Not one f'ing firmware update without catastrophic effects?

Jonathan, where did you get the fw downgrade file?
Highlighted

Replace the firmware version number in http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/firmware/FW_WHW03_1.1.2.184933_prod.img with the version number you are after. Version numbers are in the release notes.

This is incredible. I manage one of the biggest markets for a very large service organization and I have never seen anything like this before. Where are the managers? Where are the VPs? Who is accountable for this?

It really is just one failure after another.

Where do we go next with this product?

I am so glad I read this before I updated, but my past experiences had me waiting in the first place.

I may have discovered why the nodes are dropping off the networks.

First can I ask for all of us who are having problems, are we all on ethernet backhaul with the nodes connected via a MANAGED SWITCH?

My main node is connected to a Netgear GS724T smartswitch, which is connected to an HP 1810 smartswitch, and connected to a slave velop node.  When the main node fell off the grid, most of the time it brings down the GS724T switch it directly connected to.  When I look at the logs in the GS724T, there are many Spanning Tree Topology changes notification received from the port that the Velop main node is connected to.

So for the time being, I disabled STP for the port connected to the Velop main node on the switch and everything seemed ok for the time being.  But this concerns me on our network setup issues.  For whatever reasons, the Velop main node keeps on telling the switch that the topology has changed and the smart switch keeps on getting confused.  So the smart switch probably thinks that since Velop tells it has a topology change, it will now use Velop as the default path and ignore the ethernet connection to the main switch, and thus, becomes disconnected with the main switch.  My velop is working in bridge mode, so it does not have internet access at that point, and given that I have the velop in a wired backhaul setup, the distance between the nodes are too far for them to connect to each other, so the main node (together with the switch it is connected to) becomes an island to the network.  And the slaves on the other switch cannot find a path to the main node and turns its wireless off as well.

Can somebody confirm if this is indeed the case?

When I set up mine it worked with my switch. My issue was after 2 nodes I couldn’t get things to work properly. Wired or wirelessly.

[ Edited ]

At least, I am on a sort of similair scenario as mlaihk. My other nodes are connected via switches (cheap 8 ports in corners of bedrooms). When I switched the other two nodes of it started to work again. So for me, this firmware is not a fit. Downgrading...