Re: Problems with new firmware 1.1.2.184933

I have unmanaged switches and I had a problem with the Ethernet backhaul connected to the switches.

Thank you all who posted firmware image and update links. For those that haven't done this yet, if you unplug all your child nodes from Ethernet and reboot your system will come up stable so you can downgrade the firmware, or at least mine did. Before you start the process I recommend going in the Linksys app and disabling auto firmware updates so it doesn't attempt to update after your downgrade. When you go to the firmware downgrade url, you will be prompted for username and password. Username is admin. Chose the firmware file but retype your password before clicking update or it won't take. You have to do this for every node. I'm not sure if it matters, but I did all child nodes first, then parent node. Once complete, unplug your child nodes, reattach Ethernet, then replug. They should all come back stable, or at least in the same state it was in before this last update. I did not have to reconfigure/resetup any nodes, the config stayed in tact.

Just curious. I'm in bridge mode. Is anyone in router mode experiencing the wired backhaul issue with the new fw?

I think what's more annoying is Linksys choses to stay absolutely silent on these issues. There only reply is "call us" which I could understand for a one-off but these issues are clearly systemic, why not give your customers some sort of answers on these issues, even if that answer is "we don't know" it's better than ignoring your customers.

bruce_miranda wrote:
I have unmanaged switches and I had a problem with the Ethernet backhaul connected to the switches.

If so many of us having ethernet backhual probelm, how can they not know when they test the FW? Does anyone have ethernet backhual and no problem at all? Please share.

I just want to add that I had the same issues as everyone else and the quick fix (if you don't want to downgrade firmware) is to have only one node hard wired (Necessary for internet) and the rest of the nodes need to be wireless. This will fix all issues for now until a new firmware is launched.

This is the easiest fix. Just unplug all child nodes from power, remove ethernet and start them back up and it should be working 100%.

Hope this helps someone.

totally agree edrock200. even more amazing is that they still have not pulled this piece of $$%%# firmware. Like I said earlier, I started working on this at 4am this morning trying to diagnose why my entire network and VOIP business phone were not working. Wife had hard deadlines this morning that she could not finish due to Linksys incompetent testing procedures. Never thought that a McDonalds would be a better work experience for her vs our home office. I am not a happy customer.

edrock200 wrote:
Just curious. I'm in bridge mode. Is anyone in router mode experiencing the wired backhaul issue with the new fw?

Do you mean the parent node is doing NAT? 

I connect the parent node to the fiber ONT then a managed switch to the other ethernet port. I still have the problem like you guys mention.

I just wounder if anyone of them connect the velop to each other via their own ethernet with no switch. Will it have such problem?

Anyone does that please share.

Uisynot wrote:

I just want to add that I had the same issues as everyone else and the quick fix (if you don't want to downgrade firmware) is to have only one node hard wired (Necessary for internet) and the rest of the nodes need to be wireless. This will fix all issues for now until a new firmware is launched.

This is the easiest fix. Just unplug all child nodes from power, remove ethernet and start them back up and it should be working 100%.

Hope this helps someone.

That's what I did now... But will the "new" FW arrive soon... I.... Really.... Have no confident in their new FW release !

Same problem here. I have 4 nodes with the three child nodes all with wired backhaul. Worked fine for months until this firmware update.