jd3

Re: Red light on all nodes. Wifi still works

Hello - See the notes from earlier this year (today is December 6th).  Just got my Velop system and am experiencing this problem with red light on node(s) but internet is working.  I'm using alternate-dns.com as my DNS service rather than using my ISP (which is Comcast/Xfinity) and I'm up to date on firmware as far as I know (updated on setup, auto-update on).  Is this problem still being worked?  Thanks.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Red light on all nodes. Wifi still works

Linksys_Lucas wrote:

rburrows69 wrote:

yes - I've seen this before.  I believe its a problem with the DNS server (either locally or the config its getting from the ISP) resulting in whatever 'test' the Velop uses to validate internet connectivity is failing.

Any of the Linksys guys know how the Velop verifies connection to the internet? It doesnt look like something as simple as it has an IP address from the modem.

We are hoping this issue should be resolved in the next firmware release. It is purely a cosmetic issue at this point though. Actual point of failure is more related to timing of the system checks for internet as opposed to a failure. For testing connectivity we do a few tests to determine if the connection is up. One tests DNS while the others do pings directly to the IP of several top level DNS servers to validate connection. For those of you that have been navigating into the sysinfo you can see the details about halfway through the log.

And what gets broken in the next next software release?? Isn't that how this works? Fix one thing break something else?