Securing the Guest Network

Hello,

We are attempting to extend our current network to cover our entire warehouse.

I've setup a single node and noticed that it was set internally to be a DHCP server.  

With the node set that way, both guest clients and regular clients were able to see all upstream networked clients which is definitely not what we want.

After finding how to change the node to "Bridge" mode, I have now verified that for regular clients are getting IPs from our network DHCP server and are able to see all "upstream" clients.

When in guest mode, the node is still handling DHCP and it appears as though the guest clients cannot see upstream clients but can get to the internet -- This is the desired outcome.

So, can anyone confirm that this is all we'd need to do to secure the guest network so that it can only see internet and not upstream clients?  Or are there other settings we'd need to adjust to lock them down?  

Thanks for any information.

Expert

Re: Securing the Guest Network

musicmatters wrote:

Hello,

We are attempting to extend our current network to cover our entire warehouse.

I've setup a single node and noticed that it was set internally to be a DHCP server.  

With the node set that way, both guest clients and regular clients were able to see all upstream networked clients which is definitely not what we want.

After finding how to change the node to "Bridge" mode, I have now verified that for regular clients are getting IPs from our network DHCP server and are able to see all "upstream" clients.

When in guest mode, the node is still handling DHCP and it appears as though the guest clients cannot see upstream clients but can get to the internet -- This is the desired outcome.

So, can anyone confirm that this is all we'd need to do to secure the guest network so that it can only see internet and not upstream clients?  Or are there other settings we'd need to adjust to lock them down?  

Thanks for any information.

The Guest wireless will only be secure if the Velop is the locations main router.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support
Highlighted

Re: Securing the Guest Network

That's unfortunate that I cannot set any outbound rules on the Velop node to only access the internet gateway,  I guess that is why it's a "Home Networking" device.

I guess I will have to run it through a firewall to handle the rules.