03-03-2018 11:36 AM
03-03-2018 08:51 PM
We'll check on this, Embers. Have you tried using a different browser to check if the same error happens? You can also try using a different ethernet cable or plug it on another laptop or PC so we can isolate the issue. Also, is your slave node running on the latest firmware?
03-03-2018 08:59 PM
03-04-2018 07:42 AM - edited 03-04-2018 07:42 AM
There isn't an error, it just takes a few minutes before it connects. This occurs when using my Macbook, PC, Xbox, Raspberry Pi, and Samsung DeX. It takes a few minutes before these devices connect when using ethernet. All of these devices connect right away when using Wi-Fi. This occurs when plugging any device via ethernet. Which ever fixes were in firmware 126.96.36.199933 resolved it. Since there were issue with that firmware the latest firmware only includes krack/vulnerability fixes. Both nodes are using the latest firmware.
Got that, WannaBeOCer. It seems a bit odd for the devices to take time to connect. How far is the router, though? Just to clarify, do you mean this happens only on the wired connection? If so, I recommend you to try another ethernet cable and see how it goes.
03-04-2018 07:46 AM - edited 03-04-2018 07:47 AM
Yes when using wired connection. I tried every possible solution. Only solution that worked was plugging the modem in directly or using a router that wasn't a Velop. What ever firmware fixes were in 188.8.131.52933 fixed it. It's a firmware issue and needs to be fixed.
04-14-2018 03:31 PM - edited 04-14-2018 03:34 PM
Just wanted to give an update, I sent Belkin a tasteful email early in March and the firmware Ver. 184.108.40.206020 fixed the ethernet issues just like 220.127.116.11933. Shocked how long it took for them to fix the issue.
04-16-2018 06:40 AM - edited 04-16-2018 06:42 AM
Excellent I will test out tonight.
Just for the record I did try a different ethernet cable and there was no difference. Browser also has no difference as its a delay in PC nic registering / getting IP from Velop node.