Reply
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-18-2018

Slow Ethernet Connection

I've owned this mesh networking system since launch and ever since I bought them wired connection takes forever to connect. With the firmware 1.1.2.184933 fixed the issue but it was pulled. Sick of waiting a minute every time I turn on my xbox or PC just so I can use the internet. Wifi connects right away compared to ethernet on this mesh system. Firmware 1.1.2.184933 felt like a tease.
Expert
Posts: 246
Registered: ‎08-10-2017

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection


WannaBeOCer wrote:
I've owned this mesh networking system since launch and ever since I bought them wired connection takes forever to connect. With the firmware 1.1.2.184933 fixed the issue but it was pulled. Sick of waiting a minute every time I turn on my xbox or PC just so I can use the internet. Wifi connects right away compared to ethernet on this mesh system. Firmware 1.1.2.184933 felt like a tease.
Hi--

   I'd like to help..

  Can your provide your configuration? and your current firmware version?

Z


 

Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-18-2018

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection

[ Edited ]

Zoro1 wrote:

Hi--

   I'd like to help..

  Can your provide your configuration? and your current firmware version?

Z


 

Hi Z,

 

I am using the 2 pack WHW0302 - 1 connected directly to my SB6183 modem and the other in a bedroom. Using firmware 1.1.2.185309, it takes a minute for any ethernet device to connect when using these routers. If I plug my modem in directly to my PC it connects right away or even using an Asus AC87R via ethernet connects right away. When firmware 1.1.2.184933 was released connection was instant. As soon as I turned on my Xbox or PC they were already connected. The only options I changed are the DHCP lease time along with the password of course. This is the first router I ever had that dropped connection every time it renewed the DHCP lease.

Expert
Posts: 246
Registered: ‎08-10-2017

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection


WannaBeOCer wrote:

Zoro1 wrote:

Hi--

   I'd like to help..

  Can your provide your configuration? and your current firmware version?

Z


 

Hi Z,

 

I am using the 2 pack WHW0302 - 1 connected directly to my SB6183 modem and the other in a bedroom. Using firmware 1.1.2.185309, it takes a minute for any ethernet device to connect when using these routers. If I plug my modem in directly to my PC it connects right away or even using an Asus AC87R via ethernet connects right away. When firmware 1.1.2.184933 was released connection was instant. As soon as I turned on my Xbox or PC they were already connected. The only options I changed are the DHCP lease time along with the password of course. This is the first router I ever had that dropped connection every time it renewed the DHCP lease.


Hi --

  Are you connected in this manner:

 SB6183 -> Master Velop -> Slave Velop (wireless)

Z


 

Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-18-2018

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection


Zoro1 wrote:

WannaBeOCer wrote:

Zoro1 wrote:

Hi--

   I'd like to help..

  Can your provide your configuration? and your current firmware version?

Z


 

Hi Z,

 

I am using the 2 pack WHW0302 - 1 connected directly to my SB6183 modem and the other in a bedroom. Using firmware 1.1.2.185309, it takes a minute for any ethernet device to connect when using these routers. If I plug my modem in directly to my PC it connects right away or even using an Asus AC87R via ethernet connects right away. When firmware 1.1.2.184933 was released connection was instant. As soon as I turned on my Xbox or PC they were already connected. The only options I changed are the DHCP lease time along with the password of course. This is the first router I ever had that dropped connection every time it renewed the DHCP lease.


Hi --

  Are you connected in this manner:

 SB6183 -> Master Velop -> Slave Velop (wireless)

Z


 


That is correct, when ethernet devices are plugged into either the master or slave velop ethernet takes a minute to connect. 

Posts: 17
Registered: ‎01-09-2018

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection

Yes the ethernet will take a second to establish the connection and find the DHCP address it needs to assign the client. It won't just be on right away. It's like a faucet where you turn it on slowly and then it's fully opened. Other things I would suggest turning off is IPv6 on the Velop router, lots of people don't realize that can cause issues. 

Expert
Posts: 246
Registered: ‎08-10-2017

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection


WannaBeOCer wrote:
I've owned this mesh networking system since launch and ever since I bought them wired connection takes forever to connect. With the firmware 1.1.2.184933 fixed the issue but it was pulled. Sick of waiting a minute every time I turn on my xbox or PC just so I can use the internet. Wifi connects right away compared to ethernet on this mesh system. Firmware 1.1.2.184933 felt like a tease.

Hi--

 

  Although this isn't the party line if you have firmware version that works I'd stick with it until something better comes out. The old versions of the firmware are availbale.

 

Z

 

Expert
Posts: 246
Registered: ‎08-10-2017

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection


WannaBeOCer wrote:
I've owned this mesh networking system since launch and ever since I bought them wired connection takes forever to connect. With the firmware 1.1.2.184933 fixed the issue but it was pulled. Sick of waiting a minute every time I turn on my xbox or PC just so I can use the internet. Wifi connects right away compared to ethernet on this mesh system. Firmware 1.1.2.184933 felt like a tease.
Hi--

 

  How slow is slow?

 

Z


 

Posts: 8
Registered: ‎01-18-2018

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection


Zoro1 wrote:

WannaBeOCer wrote:
I've owned this mesh networking system since launch and ever since I bought them wired connection takes forever to connect. With the firmware 1.1.2.184933 fixed the issue but it was pulled. Sick of waiting a minute every time I turn on my xbox or PC just so I can use the internet. Wifi connects right away compared to ethernet on this mesh system. Firmware 1.1.2.184933 felt like a tease.
Hi--

 

  How slow is slow?

 

Z


 


I just timed it and it takes 3 minutes for it to connect while sitting at the desktop after logging in. If I use Wi-Fi it connects before I even login. 

Posts: 2
Registered: ‎03-03-2018

Re: Slow Ethernet Connection

I have exactly the same problem. I'm logged into Windows and have Google Chrome open before its connected. I'm sitting on Chrome error page each time only to realise it is the ethernet connection still 'identifying network' and connecting to the Velop node in my office (which is a slave). Wait another minute or two and its finally on the network and connected to the internet.

 

Why so long on plugin in an ethernet cable to get a connection? Never known / seen it in 20 years+ of  being in IT.