Re: Sonos Connection Issues?

I could *engage
Highlighted

Good luck with getting help. I've tried everything with my Naim speakers. Last week I went out and purchased a Netgear Orbi to see if a change of router would help or if it's actually a problem with the speaker. As soon as it was set up, Airplay and internet radio on both speakers have worked flawlessly with the Orbi. I called Linksys and asked for a refund. However, I was told that customer service couldn't issue a refund without approval from tech support and that I've have to reconnect the system. I told them I was on a break at work and just wanted to get the refund. They then said that someone from tech support would call me later that evening (last Friday) or any time on Saturday. No one called.

I called today and was told that I had the wrong tech support and they would transfer me to velop support. The guy then said I don't need to talk to tech support and I should talk to custom service. I explained the situation and he suggested that he should talk to his supervisor and would put me on hold, which he did. Then I was on hold for about 15 minutes until the connection just stopped. It just disconnected. And no call back. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

If you're considering returning it, you may want to start the process sooner than later. Don't expect any help and if you want your Airplay to actually work, try the Orbi.

Hi

Is there some solution on this problem. I have 1 play 1 and 1 play 3 and they are doping Outlook all the time

No problem with airport. When I relplaced with Velop the Play: 1 drops out regardless what is playing. If people need to become network IT experts to use these things you should not market them to idiots like me as plug and play.

DITTO. What a costly useless pain in the **bleep**.
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

@NiagaraFalls

We'd like to get you over to our 2nd Level Support Team for further assistance. Not to worry, they'll be assisting you step-by-step towards a resolution. Please email us your contact details at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your community username and a link to this post for reference for us to create a case and have it bumped up to the Team.

We'll be waiting for your email.

Allen, I believe that this is a problem for all Sonos and Velop users including myself. Please take a look at the Sonos Forum. The Velop mesh system creates all sorts of interference for Sonos. I thought that your team and their team were going to get together on this a while back?

Also, I have found that I can keep my Sonos problems to a minimum if I limit my nodes to two. I use a Sonos boost so I can run the Velop wifi scan channels routine then look at the new channels the system has chosen for my nodes, then I change my Sonos channel to 1, 6 or 11 - whichever is the farthest away from the two Velop channels. The problem as I see it is that Velop uses any channel including the channels that overlap the three. This causes a storm of interference for Sonos.

Thank you but it doesn't sound like you have a solution. Do you? I don't want to waste any more time turning things off and an on, fiddling with settings or buying more nodes or Sonos devices when you don't seem to have a solution to what appears to be a problem of engineering and not setup of my system. Seems to me that the channel finder should be tweaked for Sonos users, you should make it possible to manually change the channel of each node and you should include a warning for consumers that this device may cause headaches, lost time and may require Boost setup for Sonos users.
Administrator

At the moment the workarounds are to split the 2.4 gig network from the 5 gig network and set a static channel for 2.4. For most people this has been working well including in our test environment. Also using a bridge or boost that is plugged into the main node works well too.

We are also working with Sonos on the issue to identify a better long term fix for everyone. At the moment though the main issue comes from the fact that we are setting a mesh on top of a mesh which creates all kinds of network traffic and noise which is resulting in the jitter most people are reporting.