Re: Sonos Connection Issues?

Before you decide in switching brands, allow our Escalation Engineers to hear more about your setup, bongoroobarb. Email us the link to this post at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your phone number and location.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

Yep I really want to get it sorted rather than abandon it. I'll do as you suggest. Thanks

I also am having all the problems documented in this forum, I have 7 Velop nodes which I HAVE to run in bridge mode to get Sonos to even see the Wifi never mind connect to it . I have two sets of Sonos Playbar home theatre (Playbar, Sub, Play 1 & Play 3 sets) 2 x Connects, 3 x Connect Amps, 4 x Play 5 V1 and 4 x Boost and all worked perfectly until I introduced Linksys Velop into the equation now it is a complete shambles with lots of drop outs and my 100Mbps at the router is 3.5Mbps at the node so keep getting drop outs because of buffer problems.

I can't believe that Linksys would not have talked to Sonos prior to delivery to the market, if I hadn't invested so much into Linksys Velop it would be in the bin now 

I've tried plugging a sonos into the parent node and that allowed me to set up the playbar but it does not fix the skipping and disappearing speaker issues. What is the long term solution here Linksys?

I have been having this same problem for a couple months as well.   One thing I have learned is is that if you have the guest network tuirned on, it makes the problem significantly worse.   One thing that sometimes helps resolve the problem is on the Sonos system submitting diagnostics sometimes cleans up the environment.

I hope Linksys fixes this soon, or I will soon be another ex Linksys user and switch to Orbi which does not appear to have this problem based on the posts I have read.

Thank You.

Hello JakaryVjkharris & bmgrant. Please let our Escalation Engineers look into your network setup further. Email us the link to this post at LinksysCares@linksys.com, along with your phone number and location.

Kloe-21503

Is there a definitive solution for setting up a 3 node Linksys Velop and Sonos System?

I am having extrememly bad Sonos connection issues that it is now unuseable.

All other devices that connect to the Velop do not display any connection issues.

My Sonos system is purely running off the Velop Wi-Fi network - no Sonos products are wired into any Velop nodes.

Hello, jlooker. We'll need to endorse your case to our 2nd level Support Team so they can conduct further diagnosis and provide you the fix to this issue. Please email us the following details at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can create a case for you in our system:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (state/country):
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community thread (for reference):

We look forward to hearing from you.

Dennis - 20702

okay ... so almost 3 months later, i still have not solved any issues .... i've followed most of the suggestions here including adding boost (2 in fact), wiring as many of my sonos products as i can to my Velop nodes, switching to bridge mode, moving them around to different locations in the house. I've tried everything ... and instead of resolving, i get new problems and worse performance each time .... best part, i can't evn get it back to the way it was prior to introducing velop.

So right now, my setup is:

1) Fiber network cable from modem wirerd to my Linksys WRT1900ACS router (which is configured to work with my ISP's IPTV so i do not have a choice to remove this)

2) Parent Velop Node setup and wired to above-mentioned Linksys router on Port3.

3) set up another 4 child nodes around the house (final count, 2 child + 1 parent on level 1, 2 child nodes on level 1)

4) Switched the Velop systm into bridge mode.

5) Wired Playbar into my Linksys Router, and one SonosBoost to a child node on Level 1 anodther SonosBoost into a Child node on level 2.

Result:

1) Intermittent sound dropout from 1 Play5 on level 1, intermittent sound dropout on all 3 Play1 on level 2.

2) Speakers ungroup themselves spontaneously while in party mode

3) Speakers disappear from the Sonos Controller for a short while, then sometimes return on its own or appears again when i hard reset the speaker.

4) My home wifi now would have no interconnection for a few minutes each time spontaneously, quite frequent in fact

5) My devices seem to not switch from node to node very well as i move around the house, when i go from Level 1 to level 2, i often need to restart the WiFi on my phones to get them to link up to the nearest node that emits the strongest signal, otherwise, the phone remains connected to the node on level 1 which by then has very weak signal strenth and browsing speed.

6) I now experience dropout of the wifi network on my phone, with the phone then trying to reconnect itself, often not succeding with error message "Unble to obtain IP address"

Any ideas on how i can solve all these issues??

I have a Sonos boost linked to the parent (which is connected to the ISP's router). And I am not using bridge mode (wifi is turned off in the router and Velop has its own network). This solved my Sonos problems (I have two Sonos Play3 speakers in an upstairs room, two floors above the router with a Velop child node there)