Re: Sonos Connection Issues?

I have four Play:1, a Play:5, Playbar and Sub all in a Boost setup. The boost is connected to the main node. I've done the search for best Chanel and had the Velop pick new ones. At that point I've restarted all Sonos speakers by powering off and on so they rejoin the Boost network. I've had zero issues since. I can stream uncompressed for hours from Spotify with zero drops. Also have no issues streaming Pandora, Sirius and many others including local radio stations. Hope this helps some of you with Boost setups.

I should've added that I'm running Sonos 7.2 build 35339010

Same issue here, new Velop installed yesterday and Sonos Play3 wifi connected keeps dropping out when I'm trying to stream from Spotify. Rock solid before on my old BT wifi. Songs get part way through and then skip on. I tried scanning for optimised channels and it came back and worked for 1 song... Would really appreciate this being fixed ASAP - 2 expensive systems not playing well together is very fustrating. Happy to share more if required. 

I'm also experiencing issues, with a new Velop (2 nodes) system and a Sonos Playbase. Installed the Velop 2-3 days ago, and have been very pleased with the performance thus far- until installation of the Playbase today.

I can't reliably find or connect to the Sonos, after 7 hours of troubleshooting, much less stream music. Frankly I can't tell if the issue is with the Velop or the Sonos, but was surely hoping (expecting?) a more seamless experience out of the box.

I appreciate that both systems are trying to streamline the UX by hiding the more advanced settings that can muck things up, but at the moment am wishing for a bit more power user control, if only as a workaround. Let me know if there's anything I can to help provide info on our setup- thanks.

Yes, it is not good that Linksys has taken away the ability to set channels on the Velop. I have a Playbase along with multiples of every other product Sonos has. The only way that I can get everything working without stop/starts is to:

• Limit the number of Velop nodes to two
  • Use a Sonos Boost
  • Run channel finder on Velop/wi-fi/advanced menu
  • select "see technical details" and note the channels your nodes have chosen
  • Change the Sonos-net channel in the advance menu to one of the three channels least interfering with the channels Velop has chose

I am using the following:

Play 1's

Play 5's (1st generation)

Play Bar

I am not using a bridge

I started having the issue onece I purchassed the Linksys Velop and it only happens when playing music or on the controllers.

Issues with it not finding my system on iPhone or iPad 

Issues with music from services like (Apple not completing the song and skipping to the next song)

Very frustrating issue.

Administrator

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the additional detail here. We think we have been able to isolate some of the issues experienced we have reported all of the details here to our engineering team, and are in the process of gathering logs and specific information from a few users. Currently I do not have an ETA on a true fix, but am hoping that we will be able to provide some official workarounds shortly on this one. 

~Lucas

I'd like to add that I'm using two Naim Mu-so Qb's which are quite like the Sonos speakers.  I get constant dropouts with Apple Music and with the internet radio features.  Tidal seemed to work a little better than Apple Music, but it still had it's issues.  I otherwise have good internet speed for streaming on other devices, but the streaming of music to the speakers is painful.  I have a three node system and am getting about 150 Mb/s throughout the house.

I am also having this issue. Very frustrating. Seems to be getting worse with time. 3 Sonos Play:1 and 3 Velop nodes. I get constant dropping out, song skipping, and even my laptop WiFi is affected, which makes me think it's interference related somehow.

Administrator

Hi All,

Thanks for the info. Looks like we have narrowed this down to 2 issues. First for those of you using a boost or bridge. Recommendation here is for you to use the Primary node to plug in the Boost. We are working to isolate the issue occurring when you use the 2nd or 3rd.

For those of you in a pure WiFi environment without a bridge or boost. We see 2 options that tend to help here.

First is go into the WEB UI and change the channel being used for your 2.4 Ghz network to something static. The other that seems to be helpful is to actually split the 2.4Ghz from the main network and give it a unique SSID. 

We are also seeing some issues with how the Sonos speakers are sending STP traffic through the network and have submitted some bugs to engineering for deeper analysis that include some of the packet capture and log data that you guys have been cool enough to send over.