Re: Sonos Connection Issues?

How do you log into the WEB UI? It says I can only manage through the mobile app.

Hi, I have a playbarand sub, a new Play5, 3 play1 and a BOOST.

Hi, I have a playbar and sub, a new Play5, 3 play1 and a BOOST. Used to experience dropout on the speakers upstairs but after installing Velop, all speakers started to drop intermittently, including the Playbar which is connected to the parent node by either net cable. I tried to connect the playbar directly to my router which the Velop is also connected to but my app cannot find the Sonos system when I do that even though all the mac addresses showed up. Contacted Sonos and got this from their support :

"We do not recommend connecting Sonos through a mesh network as when the speakers move Access Points the music playback will stop for a second while connecting to other access points. Sonos has its own Mesh network to boost signal so you should have no issues connecting the PLAYBAR to the router with a Ethernet cable.

If you find your Sonos system does not show when you connect it to your router that would mean the Access Points have been setup to give out IP addresses (DHCP) and would be causing issues. Please disable DHCP on these access points and have your main router giving out that information. Then you should be able to connect your PLAYBAR via Ethernet."

How do I disable DHCP on my Velop nodes and will it affect all the other 25 devices connected to it??

Update:
I connected my playbar to directly to the router and my app only found the Sonos system if I enable the SSID broadcast on my router, which is a different network from the mesh ….

So now the Sonos is connected to a different network from my mesh and if I need to control my speakers, I need to disconnect from my mesh network and hook on to the router network, which is weak in the upper levels of my home …. And the speakers upstairs are still dropping anyway.

I tried to configure the wireless setup for my speakers to use my Mesh wireless network, but the intermittent dropping remained …

Sent the problem to Sonos Tech support and got this :
If you connect your PLAYBAR to the router and you are unable to see it from your mesh network, then your mesh network needs to be configured to pass the information on to the main router. If you get two different IP ranges while connected to the main router then the mesh network, this would be an issue and would stop communication between the routers.

[Question]
How do I configure Velop to pass information to my router? I can't find any instruction in that... Pl help!
Administrator

Brandycoke wrote:
Update:
I connected my playbar to directly to the router and my app only found the Sonos system if I enable the SSID broadcast on my router, which is a different network from the mesh ….

So now the Sonos is connected to a different network from my mesh and if I need to control my speakers, I need to disconnect from my mesh network and hook on to the router network, which is weak in the upper levels of my home …. And the speakers upstairs are still dropping anyway.

I tried to configure the wireless setup for my speakers to use my Mesh wireless network, but the intermittent dropping remained …

Sent the problem to Sonos Tech support and got this :
If you connect your PLAYBAR to the router and you are unable to see it from your mesh network, then your mesh network needs to be configured to pass the information on to the main router. If you get two different IP ranges while connected to the main router then the mesh network, this would be an issue and would stop communication between the routers.

[Question]
How do I configure Velop to pass information to my router? I can't find any instruction in that... Pl help!

Hi Brandy,

This one might be tough to troubleshoot via the forum, but I would be happy to get you in touch with our escalation team. we have been testing a similar network layout here and have been succesful at getting everything working well. We could even setup a conference call with SonoS if it is more convenient.

~Lucas

I've been suffering with the intermittant lack of Sonos connectivity with my 6 node Velop system for over a month now.  Multiple rounds of technical support with Sonos caused me to purchase 2 Sonos Boost systems to get the Sonos Connect units I have on their own WiFi channel.

Long story short, another $200 down the drain for the Boost units (on top of the roughly $1,000 (including tax) I spent for my Linksys Velop system and it still doesn't work right.  Intermittant connectivity with Sonos at best.  It's Russian Roulette whether the Sonos app on my phone/iPad, etc. will actually be able to talk to the Sonos. 

My old Apple Extreme router set-up with my Sonos was rock solid for many years.  This lack of connectivity plus the general and on-going intermittant internet/WiFi drop-outs with my Velop have me strongly considering yanking this entire investment out and setting my Apple Extreme router back-up and then demanding a full refund from Linksys.

Really disappointed right now, especially after being sold on Linksys' advertising of a state of the art mesh network.  

Lucas, I have sent you a personal message regarding Sonos and Velop but you haven't read it. Could you please read it and respond? Thank you!!!

I will set up a new a Velop mesh network in conjunction with my Sonos 7.2 network (The Velop just arrived at my house). I will connect the Sonos boost to the primary node. I will restart all the Sonos zones. Would you like to participate? Please respond. I sent you a personal message as well.

@vmerrill - This is my exact set-up and it works intermittantly at best.  There are major issues with the Velop.  

I give up... Is there some ground support team I could and age to help me with this.. I'm not technically inclined and between Sonos and Velop support, both are asking me to do different things and I've spent hours and hours wiring, rewiring, wiping, factory resetting, deleting, reinstalling... This is obviously not something a home user can handle... Both products sold on the premise of plug and play!