Re: Sonos Connection Issues?

Lucas. Thanks for the suggested fix. Can you explain to us neophytes how to accomplish the split and static? Thx!
Expert

@Ca2H,

Let's have our Escalation Engineers assist you thoroughly. Email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com with your full name, phone #, location and the link to this post for our reference.

Chris-21499
Linksys Technical Support

OK. Glad to hear you are working with Sonos. I learned how to split the channels and will try that again. I tried a few channels and it seemed to make things even worse. It also put all the nodes on the same 2.4 channel. Thanks

I have exactly the same issues. I also have weird problems in that my laptops work well but my IPhone do not - I cannot even access the internet with them through velops.
Expert

[ Edited ]

@bashour,

Please try the workaround shared by Lucas for the Sonos connection issue which is to split the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz network, and let us know if that works for you.

We'd also like to assist you with connecting the phone to the network. Do you have another handheld device that's experiencing the same issue aside from the iPhone? Try to check if the iPhone can connect to a different network. Take note of the error message if you run into any. Send us your response at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can have one of our Velop Experts assist you further.

Chris-21499
Linksys Technical Support

I have over 14 sonos speakers in my house including a playbar, sub, play1s, play3s and play5s. As soon as I setup the 3 nodes I could no longer see my sonos network on two android phones or on any of my kids iphones. I can still see the sonos network and each speaker on my desktop computer and can play each room from my desktop. 

I got the velop system to extend the signal to our backyard and 2nd floor but most importantly to have control over the wifi network with my kids just like I control their music with the sonos.

The only solution I see is to split the 2.5 and 5 GHz network. How do you do that and will that allow my mobile devices to see the sonos network? I'm no IT expert so I need some help with this.

Anonymous

@Sonoshelp

We'd like to have our Escalation Engineers lend you a hand. Please email us the following info for us to create a case and have it bumped up to them:

• Full name
  • Phone number
  • Link to this post (For reference)

Have 2 Sonos:3 and 4 Sonos:1 speakers.

Linksys Velop 3

Sonos is pure WiFi although i did try connecting one of the Sonos speakers to an Ethernet port on one of the Sonos boxes. This didn't seem to help.

Primarily play local media and internet radio on Sonos - both are having problems with speakers dropping out. With the web-based LinkSys app, I can watch the device list drop and reconnect to the various Sonos components.

When a speaker playing local media drops out, it generally doesn't recover on it's own - usually have to unplug the speaker and plug it back in. Internet radio seems to recover - it drops out - no sounds for awhile - then it resumes.

Local media is stored on a Western Digital Cloud drive.

I don't have any proof of this, but it seems like this got much worse after the last Sonos controller update on June 21? At this point my Sonos system is pretty much worthless.

i have seen comments that Sonos Boost might solve the problem, but am loathe to try it. 

JohnSz - I use a Boost. That seems to work fine for all of my "wireless" Sonos speakers. 

The Sonos components that I have that are wired into Ethernet (a Connect and Playbar) I turned off their wifi. There's a webpage that illustrates the command to turn it off (not an official Sonos page). The Connect and Playbar show up just find as ethernet / wired in the Velop app. (Turning off the wifi also seems to save a few watts of power whch isn't bad).

Everything works fine. 

One other tip - unplug all the wifi Sonos speakers; install the Boost / get it up and running; then plug in the wireless Sonos speakers. Seems to help with any gremlins.

Good luck. 

Hey Marksfamly - can you please post the link for this: There's a webpage that illustrates the command to turn it off (not an official Sonos page). Thank you!