Terrible performance and disabling 2.4 Ghz Band Fails

I have to start this off by saying i'm really dissappointed by the whole house system so far, 3 nodes,  150 mb internet connection, and Youtube performs like we're on Dial up.  

Why is it that I cannot disable the 2.4 GHz network in favour of the 5ghz,  why is it I can only have 3 devices in the priorty list ? why not simply treat all devices as equal, as not all devices are in use at the same time .. 

Error Attached below 

We've encountered an unexpected error. If the issue continues, please visit our Technical Support site.

Hide details
: {"radios":[{"radioID":"RADIO_2.4GHz","settings":{"isEnabled":false,"mode":"802.11mixed","ssid":"*****","broadcastSSID":true,"channelWidth":"","channel":null,"security":"WPA2-Personal","wpaPersonalSettings":{"passphrase":"*******"}}},{"radioID":"RADIO_5GHz","settings":{"isEnabled":true,"mode":"802.11mixed","ssid":"*****","broadcastSSID":true,"channelWidth":"","channel":null,"security":"WPA2-Personal","wpaPersonalSettings":{"passphrase":"*******"}}},{"radioID":"RADIO_5GHz_2","settings":{"isEnabled":true,"mode":"802.11mixed","ssid":"*****","broadcastSSID":true,"channelWidth":"","channel":null,"security":"WPA2-Personal","wpaPersonalSettings":{"passphrase":"******"}}}]} -- Status: 200 OK Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 07:54:33 GMT Server: lighttpd/1.4.39 Connection: close Content-Length: 295 CONTENT-LANGUAGE: en Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

Re: Terrible performance and disabling 2.4 Ghz Band Fails

Is that the replacement unit you've had from our Phone Support, davewarrington? If so, please report these issues at LinksysCares@linksys.com the soonest possible time.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support

It is indeed the replacement unit. Having said that ... The units have since been performing amicably over the past few days. I reset all of the channels.

It's still a shame you can't easily disable the 2.5 GHz network in favour of the 5
Anonymous

@davewarrington

Thanks for confirming that. As instructed by the previous moderator, please send us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com so we can have our Escalation Engineers lend a hand to a resolution. Be sure to include your community username and a link to this post for our reference.

We're looking forward to your email.

Highlighted

If you login via the web interface you can disable the 2.4ghz or allow the 2.4ghz network to have a different SSID.  I changed it to have a different SSID and I have my thermostat and a few other devices on it that do not use much network resources.  My TVs, laptops, cellphones, and tablets are all operating on just the 5Ghz network.  This made all the difference for me since many of my devices wanted to camp out on the 2.4 ghz network and caused serious speed problems.

I can echo the same - two different SSID's works great.