This is the single worst network product I have ever purchased

This system is completely terrible it randomly loses connection Linksys refuses to give us any control over the detailed configuration and I’m at the mercy of them sending updates to this thing which wipes my config and takes my entire Internet down I hate this system more than death itself.

Today I finally lost my cool after six months of fighting this terrible product I took all three units and smash them into little pieces to avoid ever having to deal with them again while it was painful to throw away the $400 or whatever it was I spent on this garbage it’s closure knowing that I will never have to deal with Linksys again as long as I ever live.

There is no doubt in my mind while why Cisco threw Linksys out like the trash they are...This company is a cancer in every product they make will make anyone look bad I will never allow a single link this device in my home as long as I live in if I ever see one I will smash in the little pieces that’s how much my hatred gross but this company.

I’m writing this as I head out the door to go find the Google mesh solution hoping that it’s slightly better than this garbage even slightly better than this will be leaps and bounds better than what I’ve dealt with for the past six months

it’s sad that it’s 2018 almost and we still have horrible consumer grade wireless options. Linksys in the shell of its former self and the fact that support no longer has a dedicated Velop up team tells me this product is a bust.

Re: This is the single worst network product I have ever purchased

Ignore my spelling mistakes I’m using speech to text as I won’t even dignify this company and this forums with a proper post using a keyboard

Dude, we can't just generalize them based on one specific issue. I still own their products and they function as designed. There may be hiccups every now and then, but most of them are caused by outside interference. Have you tried getting in touch with their Support? They're usually helping out others in this forum.

(Remember to kudos those who assist you)
- I'm just a guy who wants to help -

I own a velop 3 pack, google Wi-fi 2 pack and netgear Orbi 2 pack.
They are all as bad as each other. The google Wi-fi has been the most stable over the last 6 months but lacks advanced features and support from google is not as forthcoming as that from Linksys.

At the moment the Orbi firmware has made that system unusable. The most recent velop firmware has improved things for me personally and I am currently using the velop as my current setup. (The google Wi-fi is sat in a drawer ready to get plugged in again when Linksys release another bad firmware)

It’s been an expensive year!

Wow - you hate it worse than death itself? How was that? I've always wondered. Smiley Surprised

Watercooled wrote:
This system is completely terrible it randomly loses connection Linksys refuses to give us any control over the detailed configuration and I’m at the mercy of them sending updates to this thing which wipes my config and takes my entire Internet down I hate this system more than death itself.

Today I finally lost my cool after six months of fighting this terrible product I took all three units and smash them into little pieces to avoid ever having to deal with them again while it was painful to throw away the $400 or whatever it was I spent on this garbage it’s closure knowing that I will never have to deal with Linksys again as long as I ever live.

There is no doubt in my mind while why Cisco threw Linksys out like the trash they are...This company is a cancer in every product they make will make anyone look bad I will never allow a single link this device in my home as long as I live in if I ever see one I will smash in the little pieces that’s how much my hatred gross but this company.

I’m writing this as I head out the door to go find the Google mesh solution hoping that it’s slightly better than this garbage even slightly better than this will be leaps and bounds better than what I’ve dealt with for the past six months

it’s sad that it’s 2018 almost and we still have horrible consumer grade wireless options. Linksys in the shell of its former self and the fact that support no longer has a dedicated Velop up team tells me this product is a bust.

this is by far the best mesh systen in the world. im streaming 4k without issues i have 26 device hooked up. I promise you its user error. 

reset everything then shut it off and restart. 

Typical geek squad flunky response from the geek squad flunky. it’s not user error; I broke down and bought the Google solution and has been absolutely flawless. this is after multiple times of resetting the Linksys device ito factory settings. there is no user error when the device completely locks up and there are very few user control options these things provide. the system is junk and you’re just lucky, Please go back to your low level tech-support job and tell users that it’s easier when devices locked up.

I’d also challenge you to find ways this could have been user error. All these consumer grade wireless options provide very little options for “advanced settings”. We are lucky to even be able to modify the default DHCP scope. It’s not good form to tell someone it’s user error when the device hard locks or loses its configuration. This system may work well in a smaller home but in a large area it simply does not perform.

Also, I have worked extensively with a Linksys engineer who could not figure it out himself after remotely logging in to the system, he spent hours working and even escalated twice. I guess that was user error too huh? Even the logging is terrible! I could understand if we were troubleshooting a Cisco WLC and lightweight APs but this is very basic stuff. I feel it does have something to do with the size of the desired coverage but the selling point of mesh wireless is to cover large homes with a single SSID. I was using 4 units to cover a 7500 sq foot home per their support recommendations which they did (I had no problem with their performance). They just randomly locked up daily or lost configuration even after swapping the main unit out and moving them around I ran into odd random issues which the logging wouldn’t show.

Since my initial post I have been running on 4 google pucks and it’s been flawless and consistently getting 300mb speed tests to the internet (my broadband max) throughout my home and property.

My statement stands, this product is junk and support basically gave up.

Watercooled wrote:
I’d also challenge you to find ways this could have been user error. All these consumer grade wireless options provide very little options for “advanced settings”. We are lucky to even be able to modify the default DHCP scope. It’s not good form to tell someone it’s user error when the device hard locks or loses its configuration. This system may work well in a smaller home but in a large area it simply does not perform.

Also, I have worked extensively with a Linksys engineer who could not figure it out himself after remotely logging in to the system, he spent hours working and even escalated twice. I guess that was user error too huh? Even the logging is terrible! I could understand if we were troubleshooting a Cisco WLC and lightweight APs but this is very basic stuff. I feel it does have something to do with the size of the desired coverage but the selling point of mesh wireless is to cover large homes with a single SSID. I was using 4 units to cover a 7500 sq foot home per their support recommendations which they did (I had no problem with their performance). They just randomly locked up daily or lost configuration even after swapping the main unit out and moving them around I ran into odd random issues which the logging wouldn’t show.

Since my initial post I have been running on 4 google pucks and it’s been flawless and consistently getting 300mb speed tests to the internet (my broadband max) throughout my home and property.

My statement stands, this product is junk and support basically gave up.
Hi--

I have been a network engineer for the past 30 years and I have been using VELOP for the past 4 months. I have deployed a 7 velop system using GigE backhaul wired nodes. My home is about 6000 sq feet.

Although the Velops got off to a rocky start, I have had minimal problems with the most recent firmware release. That's not saying there aren't remaining problems but the system (as I have it configured) works as advertised.

J

That doesn't make it "one size fits all" though in terms of issues. Also, no offense but being a network engineer offers little to no advantage with velop. Short of causing a physical cabling loop, it's pretty hard to set this thing up the wrong way, but it still has plenty of issues. My setup is wired backhaul in bridged mode, but velop refuses to relay DHCP requests properly to/from my router. Once I setup another DHCP server on my desktop, it worked fine, but I shouldn't have to do that.

My point being, although I don't agree with "Watercooled's" overall opinion of velop, saying it's user error or "must be you because mine works great" seems childish at best. Anyone who knows anything about networking knows there are litterally millions of combinations of routers, wiring, etc for velop to attach to. But the velop has a pretty straightforward setup with limited options, so saying it's user error is basically saying it's unplugged or Ethernet cable is detached, because that's really the only physical thing you could possibly do incorrectly with it.