Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Unable to setup via Linksys App

[ Edited ]

Today I decided to splurge and pick up the Velop 2-pk at Best Buy. After 4+ hours of trying to set up a parent node via the app, I eventually gave up. During the app flow I am bombarded with 'oops, we hit a snag, please reset and try again'. 25+ resets and nothing has changed - even after trying both nodes. 

After doing some research, I was able to hardwire my pc into the Velop and set up the wireless connection via the web ui, unfortunately that leaves much to be desired - I cannot seem to add the child node (repeatedly says 'too far away' while being only 15ft away) and the LED stays solid purple. I'm at my wits end here - what can I do?

Edit: While hardwired I went ahead and updated to the most recent firmwire. I am running the app on an iPhone X. I also attempted it on an iPhone 6s - no success.

Re: Unable to setup via Linksys App

Same here. I am running in circle. I managed to update the firmware on all of them, but no luck. I keep hitting snags and have to reset all the time, even if connected properly light stays purple. Impossible to add a child. It's a true disappointment. I am on Android.

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Today I decided to splurge and pick up the Velop 2-pk at Best Buy. After 4+ hours of trying to set up a parent node via the app, I eventually gave up. During the app flow I am bombarded with 'oops, we hit a snag, please reset and try again'. 25+ resets and nothing has changed - even after trying both nodes. 

After doing some research, I was able to hardwire my pc into the Velop and set up the wireless connection via the web ui, unfortunately that leaves much to be desired - I cannot seem to add the child node (repeatedly says 'too far away' while being only 15ft away) and the LED stays solid purple. I'm at my wits end here - what can I do?

Edit: While hardwired I went ahead and updated to the most recent firmwire. I am running the app on an iPhone X. I also attempted it on an iPhone 6s - no success.

One piece of advice....RETURN IT.  Others of us have had it too long and can't do anything about it. If you have the option you should move on to something else. You will NOT get support here.

Finally got them to work using the web UI. I reset everything and followed these instructions:

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=263802

Thank you so much! I was able to setup via those instructions very easily. I've no idea why the web ui setup is widely advertised.

exm

The nodes should be close to each other while running the setup.