Highlighted

VELOP main node LAN ip keep defaulting

Is anyone else having any issues setting the VELOP main node to static ip 192.168.1.x but not 192.168.1.1.  I am trying to attach this to my Verizon FIOS G1100 router but not as the main router, but the main wifi and DHCP router.  Everytime I set it to say ip 192.168.1.3 and reboot it says settings saved, but when I refresh it defaults to some 10.x.x.x ip again.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it to stay as 192.168.1.3?  DHCP is disabled on the FIOS router.

Expert

Re: VELOP main node LAN ip keep defaulting

@wrote:

Is anyone else having any issues setting the VELOP main node to static ip 192.168.1.x but not 192.168.1.1.  I am trying to attach this to my Verizon FIOS G1100 router but not as the main router, but the main wifi and DHCP router.  Everytime I set it to say ip 192.168.1.3 and reboot it says settings saved, but when I refresh it defaults to some 10.x.x.x ip again.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get it to stay as 192.168.1.3?  DHCP is disabled on the FIOS router.

You will need to set the Velop system to Bridge Mode for this to work.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

@chadster766 - But in bridge mode I can't have the Velop be the DHCP server.  I've been having some issues with the Verzion router where the DHCP seems to hang and not issue ips.  I have to COAX cable boxes connected to the Verizon routers so have to keep it around, I tried making VELOP the primary and FIOS in bridge mode but the internet seemed keep going in and out and the cable boxes did not respond also.

Expert

@wrote:

@chadster766 - But in bridge mode I can't have the Velop be the DHCP server.  I've been having some issues with the Verzion router where the DHCP seems to hang and not issue ips.  I have to COAX cable boxes connected to the Verizon routers so have to keep it around, I tried making VELOP the primary and FIOS in bridge mode but the internet seemed keep going in and out and the cable boxes did not respond also.

I see but Velop bridge mode should work with the below network topology:

Verizon Router => Velop Primary (Bridge Mode) => Switch or other Velop secondary nodes

=> Cable Boxes

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support