exm

Re: Velop Firmware 1.1.2.185309 Launched

Getting invalid username/pwd.

However, the latest firmware is available on the support site so I got it there

@wrote:

Been running this config for the past 3 days and so far I am still getting full Internet speeds (250+ Mps) from anywhere in my house.  The Ethernet backhaul on node 2 may have helped a little but I believe turning off IPv6 was what it took to stabilize the Velops.  It appears to me if IPv6 is on (at least in my configuration) the Velops will get slower & slower over time until they become nearly unusable.  A restart of the system will fix that for a short time (usually starts slowing again within 24 hours +/-) but it always returns.  Without IPv6 there has been no slow down at all so far.  Again, this may be very configuration specific so YMMV.  None of my wired devices ever had trouble with IPv6, it was strictly limited to devices connected on WiFi to the Velops.  I'm still running the 85309 firmware and so far have had no other issues with it.

Thanks for IPv6 tip. After disabling it, all nodes are keeping the connection without an issue.

How do you disable ipv6?

My Velops are in bridge mode so I had to turn off IPv6 DHCP and IPv6 on the interface of my firewall/router.  That stops the firewall  from handing out IPv6 reservations and will also stop it from getting an IPv6 WAN & LAN address from the Cable modem.  Since I don't use the Velops in router mode, I'm not sure how you turn it off there.

[ Edited ]

@wrote:
How do you disable ipv6?

I used the web interface.

1. In Connectivity, click Internet settings

2. Look for IPv4 | IPv6, click IPv6

3. Click "Edit" next to :Type of Internet Connection"

4. Uncheck "Enabled" checkbox next on "IPv6 - Automatic".

5. Click "Apply" button.

[ Edited ]

wrote:

My Velops are in bridge mode so I had to turn off IPv6 DHCP and IPv6 on the interface of my firewall/router.  That stops the firewall  from handing out IPv6 reservations and will also stop it from getting an IPv6 WAN & LAN address from the Cable modem.  Since I don't use the Velops in router mode, I'm not sure how you turn it off there.

I'm using velop as router mode, look my post above about how to turn off IPv6 off.

This upgrade took my 5 node velop system down.  I spent over 5 hours on the phone with support before he gave up and promised a call back the next day from the next level support... crickets ... My network is now in disarray ... I've called back twice and same lock of response.  I don't know what to do at this point.  How do you get them to work on your problem?  

<< I've called back twice and same lock of response.  I don't know what to do at this point.  How do you get them to work on your problem? >>

Welcome to Linksys Velop software and support hell (with respect to the polite admins here).

The iPv6 solution offered here does not work consistently long term.  Netgear will only offer refunds if the router was bought through them.  Your retailer return window is your only help if you need a replacement.

Netgear owes owners a TECHNICAL BLOG to tell us what the "real" problem is here and any hope to repair it beyond the year-long lip-service provided on this thread.  

It's the post-sale failures in support that is costing Netgear a ton of money.

@wrote:

<< I've called back twice and same lock of response.  I don't know what to do at this point.  How do you get them to work on your problem? >>

Welcome to Linksys Velop software and support hell (with respect to the polite admins here).

The iPv6 solution offered here does not work consistently long term.  Netgear will only offer refunds if the router was bought through them.  Your retailer return window is your only help if you need a replacement.

Netgear owes owners a TECHNICAL BLOG to tell us what the "real" problem is here and any hope to repair it beyond the year-long lip-service provided on this thread.  

It's the post-sale failures in support that is costing Netgear a ton of money.

Check with your credit card company too when it comes to trying to file a complaint surrounding a warranty issue. 

Linksys doesn't warranty their software so we're all screwed beyond their courtesy.

Belkin does not give any warranty:
• in relation to software or services, provided by Belkin or any third party, included in or with the product;
• that the product, software or services will always operate uninterrupted or error free;
• that the product, software or services, or any equipment, system or network on which the product,
software or services are used are 100% secure and cannot be hacked; or
• that a third party service the product needs will always be available.