Re: Velop Firmware 1.1.2.185309 Launched

Earlier I've disabled automatic update. I'm still running 1.1.2.184933 at this moment and all 3 nodes connected wireless. My system is running in bridge mode and is stable and fast enough for us, and for sure better than the 1.1.2.183316 and all versions before that (connection drops with several devices). I've monitored this topic closely and conclude this:

The 1.1.2.185309 is based on 1.1.2.183316. For me less (bad) functional but more secure.

The 1.1.2.184933 is proper functional, but less secure.

This is an evil choise offered by Linksys.

Can one of the Administrators give and indication when a full functional and secure firmware will be released?

Rijssel   

Expert

@wrote:

Earlier I've disabled automatic update. I'm still running 1.1.2.184933 at this moment and all 3 nodes connected wireless. My system is running in bridge mode and is stable and fast enough for us, and for sure better than the 1.1.2.183316 and all versions before that (connection drops with several devices). I've monitored this topic closely and conclude this:

The 1.1.2.185309 is based on 1.1.2.183316. For me less (bad) functional but more secure.

The 1.1.2.184933 is proper functional, but less secure.

This is an evil choise offered by Linksys.

Can one of the Administrators give and indication when a full functional and secure firmware will be released?

Rijssel   

Hi Rijssel

Good question. As you've indicated it seems each version of the firmware has strengths and weaknesses. The problem is that developing a fully functional version may take quite a bit of time. Also, the more complex the code the more likely there will be discrepancies.

I wish there was an easy answer.

Z

Hi Zoro1,
Is there a way we could get a technical blog as to why parental controls aren't working/sustained even with the ipv6 disabling?

It's our greatest frustration of the lack of transparency as to "what's happening when devices are said to be blocked but still having full access".

It would go a LONG way to proving that Linksys cares about this issue and customers.

[ Edited ]

Hello Z,
I cannot believe your answer. What hypothesis should I make from your comments. That the software development, versioning and release process in Linksys is a either a mess or non-existent .

This version is not that great.  The system is fast while it works and then it just doesn't.  I have not been able to go more than 1 week without having to restart all the nodes due to the speeds becoming unbearable.  When all is working, I get 250+ Mbps everywhere in my house.  This afternoon I was lucky to get 10-15Mbps.  A restart of the system and I'm back to 250+ now until I'm not again.  Really becoming disappointed in this system.  My Airport Extremes slow though they were, very seldom had to be rebooted.  I realize there are no perfect solutions but this one is just becoming a pain!  I sure hope they come out with working firmware soon before I give up and sell this to some unsuspecting person.

Hi, tnelms.
Give us a chance to turn things around. Have you tried the Channel Finder feature? If not yet, please do so. BTW, we can have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you further. Just send us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your full name, phone number, location, Community username, and Link to this Community thread.

Pamela - 21733
Linksys Technical Support

Chance to turn things around? How many chances do you need? You are releasing new product without getting your current product up and running.

You guys should all be fired from the top down for incompetence at best and lying to the public at worst. We should all start filing BBB claims.

Hi Pamela,

I have run Channel Finder several times before but just to be sure, I ran it again this morning since I have moved one node for better coverage.  I will give it some time to see if this helps.  If it does not I will send email to the address you gave.  I really hope you come out with the working firmware that's been promised for so long.  I really like the concept but the execution has definitely been missing.

@wrote:
Chance to turn things around? How many chances do you need? You are releasing new product without getting your current product up and running.

You guys should all be fired from the top down for incompetence at best and lying to the public at worst. We should all start filing BBB claims.

Agree 100%. These useless idiots should be working a corner somewhere....

@fishferbrains

Hi there! We'd like our Escalation Engineers look into this case. Please shoot  us an email at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your contact details, community username, and the link to this community thread for reference and we can have them assist you further. We'll be looking forward to it.

Carl_S 21985
Linksys Technical Support