Re: Velop Firmware 1.1.2.185309 Launched

Nestor C

A question to you as a epresentative from Linksys on this forum - when we can expect a new and correct firware?

Are you actively working on it?

Can a community manager advise me how to obtain and install the old versions of firmware? The last few weeks have had really poor performance.

@JonKneeV 

We've endorsed your case to our Escalation Team for assistance. They'll reach out to you the soonest. 

Rosalyn - 21986
Linksys Technical Support

Hello Linksys community..

I just ordered linksys velop and I installed it on Friday with the old firmware and things were working fine. Last night it went to check the firmware and upgraded itself to 1.1.2.185309 through automatic firmware download.

Since then I have lost confidence into my wifi service with very spotty service.Can I get to know what's happening here ?

Are we getting new firmware soon or not otherwise I will send this back.

@dsinghuswrote:

Since then I have lost confidence into my wifi service with very spotty service.Can I get to know what's happening here ?

Hello @dsinghus

I'm sorry to have to be the oe to tell you this, but the Velop is a sub-standard piece of kit that has for many, many months not worked properly for me and other people on this forum. Take a look at the back threads over the last year. Lots of us have been waiting in vain for Linksys to address the major issues that the system has, and personally I have lost faith that the fundemental reliability of the product will be addressed any time soon.

I'm sure a Linksys "expert" or moderator will answer you soon, asking you to detail your setup or suggesting you contact second level support. They may even send you links and instructions to try your old firmware again. It's up to you of course whether you choose to use your time in this way, but I wish that I had returned my Velops while I was still able. I would strongly suggest you take advantage of the opportunity you have to send your Velops back and try aother product. I wish I had. Don't become one of us losers stuck on here, waiting in vain for things to be get better, and subjected to constant familial abuse about the poor quality of the home wifi.

Good luck!

Run, do not walk, run back to the store you bought this from and take this piece of @@@@ back while you still can. Have no faith or trust in what Linksys moderators tell you.
Expert

@JonKneeVwrote:
Can a community manager advise me how to obtain and install the old versions of firmware? The last few weeks have had really poor performance.

Hi--

For information on downgrading please see:

https://community.linksys.com/t5/Velop-Whole-Home-Wi-Fi/Downgrade-Firmware-on-Child-Nodes/td-p/12669...

You'll need an updated password which the forum moderator will have to provide.

Z

@dsinghus wrote:

Hello Linksys community..

I just ordered linksys velop and I installed it on Friday with the old firmware and things were working fine. Last night it went to check the firmware and upgraded itself to 1.1.2.185309 through automatic firmware download.

@dsinghus For isolation, please try to reboot the velop and check if the issue still persists. If still occurs, email us at LinksysCares@linksys.com along with your Phone Number, Location, Username, and Link to this Community thread for reference so we can forward this to our 2nd Level Support Team for further diagnosis.

BTW, is this true for all wired and wireless connections?

Gerard_21724
Linksys Technical Support

Velop must be the WORST wifi system ever made!! I Have 6 nodes in my house, but 6 times a day they are disconnected and I have to restart the system.  LINKSYS have you ever heard about customer service???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON VELOP, every other system availible are better!!!!!!

I have called support 5 times and nothing happens!

Well, the problem is saying the Velops are bad on this forum is not really hurting Linksys .  Most buyers do not sign up for or check the communities until AFTER they have purchased these.  Until people start putting all these bad reviews on Amazon and/or Best Buy where the buyers actually see all the problems they will continue selling and being unsupported.  While I am not having the multiple reboots per day issues you are, I do have to reboot at least 1-2 times per week or the speeds just become so slow it's unusable.  Every day I look at them I kick myself for not returning them when I had the chance.  Linksys was a good company at one time but that appears to be over.  I don't need to spend hours troubleshooting thier issues for them, I need them to fix the firmware and come out with a stable, usable version that works.  Otherwise, these won't last a year and I'll sell them off to some unsuspecting soul or throw them out in the driveway and run over them.  I have never seen a networking company pull back as many firmware releases as Linksys has.  Maybe I have just been fortunate and dealt with quality companies before but this is horrendous.