Administrator

Velop Firmware 1.1.2.185309 Launched

Greetings All,

Velop 1.1.2.185309 has been released and is available for updates on your Velop systems. The updates will begin rolling out tonight if you have auto update enabled over the next few days. Systems can be manually updated by accessing the UI and selecting check for update.

No major changes in this release, but mostly security fixes to harden the devices against KRACK and other vulnerabilities that have been discovered over the last few months.

- Integrated fixes for the KRACk, dnsmasq and Blueborne vulnerabilities

Best Regards,

Lucas 

Re: Velop Firmware 1.1.2.185309 Launched

I had a circuit breaker go out around 5:00 PM (CST). When I got power back, I'm guessing this was when the firmware 1.1.2.185309 auto-updated. I use a two-pack Velop system, and both nodes were fully updated. The primary node is working fully, but the secondary node doesn't appear to be working at all. At first it wasn't working with Ethernet, but it was still able to connect to the primary node and send a wireless signal to other devices across the house. After continuous attempts to re-connect and setting up from scratch to utilize the ethernet accessibility, the secondary node now doesn't connect to the primary node if it is more than 5 ft away. I literally set them on the floor with a tape measure and measured out the distance I can seperate the nodes. The secondary node cannot connect to the pimary node if it is more than 5 ft away from the primary node, and now the secondary node cannot transmit a wirelress or ethernet connection to other devices at all.

tl;dr - Primary node works fine, secondary node can only connect to primary node (only if it is within 5 ft of the primary node) and cannot send a wireless or ethernet signal or other devices

A MAJOR change would be that this firmware works and doesn’t break various features of the Velop system.

Since there is no MAJOR change does this mean this firmware is broken?
Anonymous

Thanks Lucas very stable for me 

Does this version alao include some of the fixes that were included in release 1.1.2.184933?
Administrator

klbass68 wrote:
Does this version alao include some of the fixes that were included in release 1.1.2.184933?

Hi KLbass,

No we have opted to push some of the larger changes out into another release. As has been vociferously discussed here by some of our more animated forum members we did have a bug that impacted wired backhaul in our november release. That forced us to rollback the firmware, while we are working on fixing that and other issues we opted to do an interim release to address the wireless security exploits.

Regards,

Lucas

[ Edited ]

Linksys_Lucas wrote:

klbass68 wrote:

Hi KLbass,

No we have opted to push some of the larger changes out into another release. As has been vociferously discussed here by some of our more animated forum members we did have a bug that impacted wired backhaul in our november release. That forced us to rollback the firmware, while we are working on fixing that and other issues we opted to do an interim release to address the wireless security exploits.

Regards,

Lucas

Lucas,

Thank you. I've been having great results with the 1.1.2.184933 release (nodes connecting to closest node, etc.), so will stick with it until your next large release. Smiley Wink Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the response.

Same to me !
Everything works fine in Bridge mode with 4 nodes.
I will also stick to this release until significant improvements are added to a new firmware.

I have 8 nodes of  which  4 are wired backhaul using a liksys switch. After updating today to this release I am happy to report no issues with my wired and wireless nodes.

Cheers

Jeff

I am skeptical for sure as the same three people are posting in multiple threads how great this is.
Anyone else care to chime in before I hesitantly try it?