Re: Velop Guest Access bug

@ jnimety Please make sure your port 5,6,7: tagged vlan 3 and 4 with "pvid=1". You still didn't mention pvid of vlan 3&4 on the reply(you only did mention vlan 1 with pvid 1, that's correct) I meant the pvid of vlan 3 and vlan 4 should be both 1. Is it correct on your setting, please confirm that. Thanks!

Expert

@wrote:

@Chadster766  Thanks, well, I'm using router mode and I will test it and post the result here. So currently, I'm setting vlan 2 untagged for the velop lan ports on the switch, accoridng to what you said before, should I set vlan 3&4 tagged only for velop lan ports and delete vlan 2 or I can keep vlan 2 and add vlan3&4 which means vlan 2,3,4 (2 with untagged, 3,4 with tagged/trunk) for the velop lan ports? I guess it's the former one, since vlan 2 is for the basic network comunication. Please confirm it, thanks again!

Yes your untagged VLAN can be any other VLAN ID than 3 or 4.

The typical definition of a Switch VLAN Trunk port is that it must be a Untagged member of only one VLAN and can be a Tagged member of multiple other VLANs'.

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Linksys
Communities Technical Support

@chadster766 Cool, thanks! So I have two more questions to ask you currently.

1. Becasue you guys had confirmed this is a known issue, will you guys fix this bug before the next firmware version release?

2. You haven't asnwer my question I asked you previously. What if velop users only had unmanaged switch (there must be many velop user only use unmanaged switch), how will they deal with this issue? I was using unmanaged switch too, but I am using managed switch for some reason right now. Well, that doesn't matter, just wanna know if there's some way to fix it with unmanaged switch.

Thanks again!

@wrote:

@ jnimety Please make sure your port 5,6,7: tagged vlan 3 and 4 with "pvid=1". You still didn't mention pvid of vlan 3&4 on the reply(you only did mention vlan 1 with pvid 1, that's correct) I meant the pvid of vlan 3 and vlan 4 should be both 1. Is it correct on your setting, please confirm that. Thanks!

yes, this is the vlan configuration I've been using:

[ Edited ]

Oh my bad, you are right, for pvid part, we only need set 1 time. All the pvid=1 is correct.

Did you reboot all the velops to test the guest network on the child nodes after set like that?

@wrote:

Oh my bad, you are right, for pvid part, we only need set 1 time. All the pvid=1 is correct.

Did you reboot all the velops to test the guest network on the child nodes after set like that?

yes, I rebooted all the nodes after reconfiguring the switch.

[ Edited ]

Ok, well then we both keep waiting for the news from Chadster766 should be a good idea.

Expert

@wrote:

1. Becasue you guys had confirmed this is a known issue, will you guys fix this bug before the next firmware version release?

I don't think Linksys engineering views this as a bug because it's by design. Sure they could have documented this in the Velop setup instructions but they didn't.

Linksys
Expert

@wrote:

2. You haven't asnwer my question I asked you previously. What if velop users only had unmanaged switch (there must be many velop user only use unmanaged switch), how will they deal with this issue? I was using unmanaged switch too, but I am using managed switch for some reason right now. Well, that doesn't matter, just wanna know if there's some way to fix it with unmanaged switch.

Most unmanaged switches wouldn't have this issue. If you know of a forum post where the Guest wireless doesn't work with unmanaged switches on recent Velop firmware please let me know.

Linksys

[ Edited ]

wrote:

wrote:

I don't think Linksys engineering views this as a bug because it's by design. Sure they could have documented this in the Velop setup instructions but they didn't.

What exactly is by design?