Re: Velop Guest Access bug

same issue here. All wired, no guest access on child nodes. only parent node
Anonymous

@tazaracsp,

We'd like to have our Escalation Engineers lend a hand with this. Please send us your contact details at LinksysCares@linksys.com for us to create a case and have it catered to by our Engineers.

Be sure to include your community username and a link to this post for reference.

I am just discovering that I might have this issue as well. Installed the system a couple weeks ago and tested it while standing next to the parent device and it all worked well. Didn't think anything more about it, as I don't use the guest network routinely till, a friend came over and wanted to use the guest network and couldn't get any internet. Anyway, started searching this up and here I am. Same issue. Any resolution or updates? 

I have this same issue.  

Devices on Guest WIFI (5-node system) fail to get an IP address. I have both wired and wireless child nodes.  The parent node can give an IP address to Guest WiFi devices.  The child nodes can't get an IP Address.

[ Edited ]

Note: I unplugged the ethernet cable from my wired nodes and restarted all nodes (parent and children) on the system. That solved the issue. It is definitely an issue (from a recent update?) that affects only systems with wired child nodes.

3-node system in bridge mode all with wired backhaul to a switch.

Disappointingly after upgrading to the latest firmware, 1.1.2.183316, I still have this same issue which I reported whilst running the previous Beta version.

Only The parent node will give an IP address to Guest WiFi devices.  The child nodes can't get an IP Address for the guest network.

Main network connects OK

Have the same issue with Guest access not working if you're not near the parent node. Any device attempting to connect to the guest wi-fi near a child node refuses to get an IP address and just sits, trying to connect. But if you're near the parent node, no problem. We're in wired backhaul bridge mode, and everything else works fine. 

Really wish the app or web interface gave more than basic details. It makes it so hard to figure anything out. Maybe that's by design, who knows.

I spent several hours on the phone repeatedly with level 1 and then level 2 support. They spent a lot of time trying to isolate the problem and provide fixes such as reboot the system. I patiently went through all their process and finally got to someone who seemed to know what was going on. They then said they are looking into it and don't know when it will be resolved. In the meantime, the 30 day return on my system has expired and my guest network still basically is inoperable. Frustrated about this and hope that they can get it resolved with a software patch soon. Good thing is that I don't have any guests expected for a while so it is not so critical. 

From my understanding. The way the VELOP system was designed, the guest feature doesn't work with child nodes with a wired backhaul. The wired backhaul in design was an afterthought and uses a different method in meshing the nodes together. I'm still uncertain nodes in a wired backhaul are working as efficiently as non wired nodes. Therefore, until they release a new firmware update enabling guest network support with wired backhaul nodes, that functionality doesn't exist yet. If you change to non wired backhaul, the guest network functions great in my experience.

Please don't hesitate to reach out at LinksysCares@linksys.com so that our Escalation Engineers can look into your setups closely. Just attach the link to this post, and your phone number and location.

Kloe-21503
Linksys Technical Support