Re: Velop Guest Access bug

New update. Another Velop user just tested for me, he's using router mode and PPPoE mode and wired backhaul and also useing switch after the parent node(modem-- parent node--switch--child node), so he conncted the guest wifi when he was standing near the child node, and no problem appeared. So I don't know what's wrong with our velop and the engineering had also tried to replicate the scenario regarding my case, he didn't find any issue. That is totally frustrating!!

Hi fastdds, was your issue fixed?

Thanks VTBOY. Thanks for your message. I have checked and my architecture is
Modem-Velop Parent Node-Switch- Child nodes.

I don’t think it is using PPOE as modem is doing all the logging in.

I will check when I return home tonight and post what mode it is on.

Yeah, I don't think what I said yesterday is correct neither. I have posted my update to you just now, check it out later.

I'm going to keep updating my post. So after exploring the guest network issue posts here, I can conclude that this issue happens on either router mode or bridge mode. Also, this issue is not affected by the factor which is PPPoE mode or DHCP mode. Someone in other post said try to tag velop on Vlan 3&4 on the manage switch, I'm not sure if it works and I don't know how to do that. If anybody tried that before, please leave the message here and share the experience with us, I would really appreciate that!

So today, I asked the third velop user to test the guest network on the child node. He also replicated the scenario regarding my case which is (wired backhaul, PPPoE mode, router mode, modem--parent node-- unmanaged or managed switch it doesn't matter---child nodes). He said the guest network of the child node has no problem, too. Hence, currently, I still can't find anything wrong with the velop and I am still waiting for the engineer's reply without respond.

[ Edited ]

Hi garrettg, after reading your post, I'm wondering if you can find any difference between the "bad node" and the "good node"? Like the bad node's lan port connects some other device which may affect the bad node's guest network connection or something about incompatible problem (it's just an example and a guess)

Had a chance to test the system.

1) Tried without ethernet backhaul- guest network works fine.

2) Tried with ethernet backhaul but direct LAN connection between the nodes- Guest network works fine

3) Tried with ethernet backhaul but through a switch- Guest network does not connect on the child nodes.

The Main router is set to DHCP.

I may have to connect a new router to provide a guest account access downstairs as my main node is up in the loft and the signal doesnt reach the living area. A shame really when you spend a fortune on a system that doesn't work.

My case has been registered with Linksys since November last year and is still on going with no result. I have spent endless hours on the phone with them. The agents have been very patient in dealing with this issue. A shame, I am not anymore.

Hey, Flybouy320, thanks for your really detailed reply. I will definitely try with ethernet backhaul but direct LAN connection between the nodes to see if guest network works fine or not as well. I think I will get the same result like yours.

Some velop users suggested me to open 192.168.XXX.XXX/sysinfo.cgi and search guest_vlan_id=? to see if the number shows 3. Since they are doubting something is wrong with our vlan issue. If you get time today, it's worth to try it. I might get time to go to my new house tomorrow to check what's going on as well. Keep in touch!

Hi VTBOY, Yes just checked and it does show number 3.